Windows 10: USB headphones not working

Discus and support USB headphones not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had these headphones for around 2 months now, and now it doesn't detect them the day updates came out. help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HannahRichardson1, Sep 24, 2018.

1. USB headphones not working

I've had these headphones for around 2 months now, and now it doesn't detect them the day updates came out. help?

:)

HannahRichardson1, Sep 24, 2018

2. USB Headphones not working WINDOWS 10

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

This issue might resolve making the headphones as default device in Playback devices.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Speaker icon (Volume icon). Select
      Playback devices.
    • Select Headphones and click Set default.
    • Click apply and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us posted if the headphone issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

USB headphones not working

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

USB headphones not working

1. USB headphones not working - Similar Threads - USB headphones working

2. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  3. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  4. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers...
  5. USB C type headphone not working

USB C type headphone not working: Hi, I have huawei anc 3 Type-C which is not working on my Asus laptop. When I insert it, some sign similar to a driver keeps flickering. However, my headphone works perfectly on another Asus laptop. What is the issue here?...
  6. USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?

USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?: So, I have a USB headset with LED Red Lights that light up when you plug it in, and a connected microphone connected to it when I plug the USB in, it doesn't make that sound that the computer usually makes when something plugs into the computer I notice my headphones LED...
  7. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  8. usb headphones don't work

usb headphones don't work: hi. I have a pair of somic headphones model g941 . the headphones worked well until I recovered my computer and deleted all my files . Before resetting the audio device was shown like "speakers (G941) but now is shown like "speakers (Somic 7.1 Sound Effect Gaming...
  9. USB-C type headphones not working

USB-C type headphones not working: These headphones came with the Huawei P20 phone and work fine but, when I connect it via USB-C in my laptop (the port works too) it doesn't do anything. The audio keeps playing fine on the speakers, but when I open the sound configuration menu, both, the input and output...
  10. USB headphones not working

USB headphones not working: My mic (USB Sades headset) suddenly stopped working and I went to the sound panel and clicked the listen to device box and I can hear myself perfectly fine but when I turn it off and look at audio levels there are 0 bars and all my friends say they can barely if at all hear...