Windows 10: USB headphones not working

Discus and support USB headphones not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic (USB Sades headset) suddenly stopped working and I went to the sound panel and clicked the listen to device box and I can hear myself perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inchulk2013, Feb 17, 2018.

1. USB headphones not working

My mic (USB Sades headset) suddenly stopped working and I went to the sound panel and clicked the listen to device box and I can hear myself perfectly fine but when I turn it off and look at audio levels there are 0 bars and all my friends say they can barely if at all hear me. I tried looking it up all over but could see nothing but use audio boost (which is not available for this headset).

:)

Inchulk2013, Feb 17, 2018
  2. VaSuresh Win User

USB Type-C Headphones With Windows 10

Somewhat correct. The HTC usb-c headphones works better with HTC phones and okay with other smart phones. But does not work with PCs. Other USB-c headphones work with PCs.

VaSuresh, Feb 17, 2018
  3. USB and headphone not working

Hi Izark,

I suggest that you refer the following Window 10 Help article and try the steps suggested to fix issues with sound.

Fix sound problems

Hope this will help you. Let us know if the issue persist, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 17, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

USB headphones not working

Can you try the headset on a different PC to see if the problem persists in that situation? If so, it's something with the headset. If not, it's something with your PC. Either way, it gives some pointers on things to try next. I'm also hoping our resident audio wizard, @fireberd, might share his thoughts and ideas on how to get past this hump in the road...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 17, 2018
  5. I tried it on my laptop and the same issue. Mic has to be right next to my mouth to have any bars (which is a problem because my mic is hard and doesn't reach my mouth unless they are off my head)

Inchulk2013, Feb 17, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Sounds very much like a headset problem. Do you have access to another headset to try out (borrow one from a friend, colleague, neighbor, relative...)? If the other headset works correctly, then you will probably have to replace the one you're currently using. You didn't by any chance happen to step on the headset, cables, or dongles recently, did you? I just had to replace an older Logitech wired headset because I stepped on the cable and twisted the USB connector enough to cause it to start shorting. It happens!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB headphones not working

1. USB headphones not working - Similar Threads - USB headphones working

2. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  3. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers.EDIT: they also work just fine on my phone and my other laptop....
  4. USB-C headphones not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C headphones not working anymore: My usb-c headphones don't work anymore, they used to work perfectly but now they are detected without any problem the volume buttons work fine, but the sound doesn't work it does not stop on the speakers...
  5. USB C type headphone not working

USB C type headphone not working: Hi, I have huawei anc 3 Type-C which is not working on my Asus laptop. When I insert it, some sign similar to a driver keeps flickering. However, my headphone works perfectly on another Asus laptop. What is the issue here?...
  6. USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?

USB Port/USB Headphones Not Working?: So, I have a USB headset with LED Red Lights that light up when you plug it in, and a connected microphone connected to it when I plug the USB in, it doesn't make that sound that the computer usually makes when something plugs into the computer I notice my headphones LED...
  7. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  8. usb headphones don't work

usb headphones don't work: hi. I have a pair of somic headphones model g941 . the headphones worked well until I recovered my computer and deleted all my files . Before resetting the audio device was shown like "speakers (G941) but now is shown like "speakers (Somic 7.1 Sound Effect Gaming...
  9. USB-C type headphones not working

USB-C type headphones not working: These headphones came with the Huawei P20 phone and work fine but, when I connect it via USB-C in my laptop (the port works too) it doesn't do anything. The audio keeps playing fine on the speakers, but when I open the sound configuration menu, both, the input and output...
  10. USB headphones not working

USB headphones not working: I've had these headphones for around 2 months now, and now it doesn't detect them the day updates came out. help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-headphones-not-working/4f3bdff7-ec7c-4808-b136-b81fa562f53a