Windows 10: USB Headset Issues with Windows 10

Discus and support USB Headset Issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I am having some issues with my Corsair VOID USB headset. The mic audio sounds like an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eleecho, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Eleecho Win User

USB Headset Issues with Windows 10

All,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I am having some issues with my Corsair VOID USB headset.

The mic audio sounds like an interstellar transmission sending a distress signal to the Nostromo.

I've reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the Corsair device software.

I've tried this on more than one than one device to rule out hardware issues.

The audio sounds perfectly fine in Windows 8.1.

Looking for some assistance. I have borrowed a different USB headset to test to confirm is specifically this model and brand.

Here's the back and forth that I had with Corsair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me:

Hello,

I own a Corsair VOID RGB Wired headset by Corsair. I recently (within 48 hours) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. On Win8, my headset worked great! But since upgrading to Win10, I am having sound quality issues.

I've tried nearly everything. Reinstalling iCue after uninstalling it and the drivers multiple times. I've tried using an older version of iCue, (CUE 1) and the issue remains. I've recorded myself online and I can hear what my friends are hearing. It's very static and "lo-fi". To rule out hardware issues I've tested this on my notebook running Win 8.1 and it sounds just fine!

Looks to be driver / software issues to me.

What should I do?

Here are some audio samples from both the machine with the issue and another machine that sounds perfectly fine with the same exact headset.

Window 10 - With Issue: https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/knvpcsiz36npnee7
    Windows 8.1 - No Issue: https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/pgxuxsxtlfw7iple

Corsair:

Please try the following troubleshooting steps below.

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the iCUE software.

- Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Download a fresh copy of iCUE from our website

- Reinstall iCUE.

Me:

To mirror back what I did, starting with making sure my headset was NOT plugged in during this process.

1: Made sure Windows was fully up to date.

2: Uninstalled iCue

3: Visited the AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming folders to remove any corsair folders (they were removed during uninstall so there was nothing left for me to delete)

4: Used CCleaner to clean my registry

5: Restarted my computer into safe mode and double checked that ALL corsair folders were gone from the AppData folder

6: Restarted my computer into normal opperation

7: Downloaded a fresh copy of iCue v. 3.9.93 and installed it

8: Told the software NOT to launch

9: Restarted my computer and waited for iCue to start

10: Plugged in my headset

11: Created the following recording on speakpipe.com

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/7qts5n730brdmuat

As you can hear, this did not solve the problem. Whats next?

Corsair:

I see. It means it's not the iCUE software as well. It could either be a Windows 10 driver causing the issue or it's a hardware issue on your PC since the headset works perfectly fine on a different computer.

Me:

I've reinstalled windows 8.1 on the machine that I was experiencing issues. The headset mic audio works fine.
    I've just finished building a new computer and have installed Windows 10. The headset mic continues to have issues.
    Sounds like your device and windows 10 are not working properly.
    How are you going to fix this issue?

Corsair:

If the headset is working fine with Windows 8.1 and it's not working with Windows 10, then the headset is not at fault here. The problem is with the driver within your Windows 10 operating system and we do not troubleshoot issues outside of Corsair to avoid tampering. I would recommend contacting Microsoft for further troubleshooting as they know better their software more than us.

:)

Eleecho, Dec 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 10, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue USB Headset Issues with Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Headset Issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Headset Issues

2. Windows 10 shutdowns on usb headset disconnection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutdowns on usb headset disconnection: Hi all.After prolonged use of my usb headset, I disconnect it from the usb port which causes Windows 10 to shutdown. If I connect it and immediately disconnect it, nothing happens. Any ideas? What can I do?Thanx.PR...
  3. Usb headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb headset: Hello, i have problem with "Scorpio HG9055" headset, it looks like the windows doest recognise the usb headset at all, i tried to install the last drivers of the headset but it still doesnt show under the sound>playback/recording it just tells me that there is no headset or...
  4. Wireless headset USB issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless headset USB issues: I have an old Logitech H760 headset that I've struggled to get working reliably for years. It's sat in a box for ages, but now almost all my meetings and phonecalls are online from home I need it again. When I plug into my main PC it doesn't connect. Windows recognises it,...
  5. BSOD Win 10 usb headset

BSOD Win 10 usb headset: I’m getting inconsistent but regular blue screens of death when plugging in usb headset and using Discord. Its nit Discord. All drivers updated. Random error messages. Win 10 64bit. If I leave the usb headset plugged in and start up, it gives the bsod. If I start Discord...
  6. Logitech USB headset not recognized by windows 10

Logitech USB headset not recognized by windows 10: My headset is not recognized by windows 10. I can't find any solution on the web or on Microsoft community or other sites. No driver is needed according to Logitech....
  7. Windows 10 headset issues

Windows 10 headset issues: I have recently built a PC and have tried troubleshooting, new drivers, and all else that I can find but the problem still persists. My pc does not recognise my headset microphone audio as the input, rather it recognises the audio that my headset hears as the input (if I play...
  8. Headset Issue

Headset Issue: Hi, For quite some time I've been trying to deal with a problem where my Headset makes too much noise (at least I suspect that this is the issue), However the problem starts when I try to talk with people through Discord or Skype for instance..It seems like my microphone...
  9. Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue

Windows 10 Headset Microphone Issue: I have the Hyper X Cloud Stinger Headset. This headset and microphone worked great on my desktop pc. I recently purchased a gaming laptop. This gaming laptop does not have dual 3.5 ports of which to plug the green and pink cables into. I can take the dual cables off and just...
  10. Headset Issue

Headset Issue: I'm having issues with Windows 10 recognizing my headset. I've attached a few images of what I am seeing. The headset model is a Sennheiser Game One. The sound works perfectly fine but the only mic showing is the built in. I've tried disabling, updating, removing, etc. and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset issues windows 10

2. windows 10 7.1 headset issues