Windows 10: USB headset mic not working

Discus and support USB headset mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headset and up until a couple weeks ago it worked perfectly but suddenly the mic has stopped working. I've tried changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DelaRL, Jun 16, 2020.

1. DelaRL Win User

USB headset mic not working

I have the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headset and up until a couple weeks ago it worked perfectly but suddenly the mic has stopped working. I've tried changed USB ports, I tried removing the mic from the devices I have then reinstalling it, I've made sure that it's the default mic, I tried updating the drivers, I tried troubleshooting, came back with nothing. Nothing's worked so far and I'm not really sure what else to do that wouldn't be going back on an update or factory resetting my computer. I don't assume it's my headset because only the mic isn't working, I can hear audio from my pc perfectly, as I always have, but the mic has suddenly stopped working. I don't recall updating my computer around the time it stopped working. The last time I remember it working was the early few days of this month, June, but I can't be completely sure. I'm really not sure what I can do that I haven't already done, besides factory reset or reset to a past update, but I don't know if there's something else I can do to fix it.

:)

DelaRL, Jun 16, 2020

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Jun 16, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 16, 2020
  4. USB headset mic not working

Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio

I have a Corsair VOID USB gaming headset and for some reason since switching to Windows 10, I can't get the MIC to work. I can hear fine, but can't talk. It worked fine on Windows 7, and works fine on another computer.

I have the latest drivers and control software installed from Corsair, and if I really fiddle with it I am able to get the MIC audio to work in my DAW (Ableton Live 10 sound recording software), but it won't work anywhere else like Skype, which is really where I need it.

Any suggestions?

Gurn Blanston, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

USB headset mic not working

1. USB headset mic not working - Similar Threads - USB headset mic

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  8. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  9. Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port

Mic in USB Headset not working in one usb port: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro, And I have a HyperX Cloud Flight Headset, it is wireless with his own usb dongle, I also have a Headset stand with soud card and usb extensions Corsair ST100, I was using my Headset in the usb port from the top, and it was working well....
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...