Windows 10: USB headset microphone cuts out during calls

Discus and support USB headset microphone cuts out during calls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB headset that works fine. I have bought multiple headsets and the issue persists. For my work, I handle confidential information so all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SkylerTinnin, Feb 21, 2021.

1. USB headset microphone cuts out during calls

I have a USB headset that works fine. I have bought multiple headsets and the issue persists. For my work, I handle confidential information so all calls i answer in business software is also being recorded on my computer through Zoom recordings. During the calls my headset mic will drop and the person will call back and it starts working again. I know my computer can still hear me because my Mic is heard in the Zoom recording. I've checked drivers through settings and they're up to date. I've set this headset as my default and no fix. I've read people having the same issue with Discord calls as well. What can I do to solve this issue?

:)

SkylerTinnin, Feb 21, 2021
  2. RushAOZ Win User

Windows 10 cuts off USB headset microphone

I'm having an issue I thought was isolated to my Kingston Hyper X Cloud II headset; the microphone keeps turning off after a few minutes of use. Windows reports no errors. Nothing. The only thing I notice is while sitting in the recording devices tab
    the mic is working and then it just stops. As if Windows somehow disconnects the mic. The only way to get it working again is by disabling and re-enabling the device and even then it works for another few minutes and cuts off again. Mind you, sound output is
    still working fine while this happens.

I contacted Kingston support but after further troubleshooting I've determined the problem lies within Windows 10. I came to this conclusion because I also own a PS4 Silver Headset that functions with a USB sound control adapter you can plug any 4 pole headset
    into just like the Cloud IIs. Any who, I plugged in the PS4 Silver headset dongle and used both the Cloud II headset and an Apple iPhone headset and the mic still cuts out for both USB dongles.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Driver uninstalls and updates for both the onboard sound card and USB dongles and the problem still persists. I’ve tried all the USB ports. I’m at a loss here. If it helps, the computer is a gaming PC with an Asus Z-170-A
    motherboard. OS is Windows 10 Pro. Hope someone can help because my next step is a clean re-install of the OS and I highly doubt that’s going to fix my issue.

RushAOZ, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Microphone cuts out on Skype and does not work on Blue Jeans meeting software

Neither inline microphone or Microsoft Headset usb microphone works on Blue Jeans meeting software and cuts out in Skype. What steps do I need to take to correct this problem?

BobStrodtbeck, Feb 21, 2021
  4. USB headset microphone cuts out during calls

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

USB headset microphone cuts out during calls

1. USB headset microphone cuts out during calls - Similar Threads - USB headset microphone

2. Why is my headset microphone cutting out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my headset microphone cutting out?: I just bought razer wireless headset and my microphone is cutting out all the time on every application i use it in and I have tried everything to try fix it but i just ran out of ideas fix it. I also after i got the new headset have had issues where i cant hear any sound...
  3. Why is my headset microphone cutting out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my headset microphone cutting out?: I just bought razer wireless headset and my microphone is cutting out all the time on every application i use it in and I have tried everything to try fix it but i just ran out of ideas fix it. I also after i got the new headset have had issues where i cant hear any sound...
  4. microphone cuts in and out

microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  5. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.: I'm having a very frustrating problem. When it comes to voice calls on for example Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Vonage, the speaker and microphone will sometimes cut out randomly for several seconds. This issue does not affect sound overall so I don't know I have the problem...
  6. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.: I'm having a very frustrating problem. When it comes to voice calls on for example Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Vonage, the speaker and microphone will sometimes cut out randomly for several seconds. This issue does not affect sound overall so I don't know I have the problem...
  7. My sound cuts in and out during voice calls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been...
  9. Microphone cutting in and out

Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  10. USB Microphone Cutting In And Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Microphone Cutting In And Out: So i was listening to my microphone as I was speaking and i noticed it was cutting in and out. Its been like 4 months and I have no clue why its doing this still. Please someone help me...