Windows 10: USB headset microphone not picking up input

Discus and support USB headset microphone not picking up input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Dempsey CA, Aug 10, 2020.

1. USB headset microphone not picking up input

I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output.

I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get output audio perfectly but the input is not recorded. I have been trying to follow online advice to little success so far.

When I go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Recording, my headset is set as the Default Device. When I speak or try to get input taken by speaking the bars do not light up which I understand means no input is coming in.

When I go to Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> My Headset, I have right clicked and updated the drivers and have updated windows to ensure everything is up to date. When I go through microphone setup audio appears to not be recorded halting any progress there as well.

I am not sure how to pursue the issue anymore and any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

David Dempsey CA, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Gwain96 Win User
    USB Headsets Do Not Have a Boost Option?

I use a Corsair VOID Wireless headset. My microphone is too quiet. In my device settings, I have "Levels" set to 100%. In Corsair Utility Engine, I have the input set to 100%. In Discord and in my Games, I have the input set to 100%. But it is still too
    quiet.

Recording Device Properties is supposed to have a "Microphone Boost" in the Levels tab.

So where is it?

From what I've read, USB microphones do not seem to have a boost option. Why is the option gone? How can I get it back? If I can't get that option, how am I supposed to make myself audible?

A few things I have done, before people start suggesting the obvious:

• I have already turned my microphone input volume up as high as it will go in the "Levels" tab. I will flip a table if somebody suggests that I should simply "turn up the levels in Recording Device Properties."
    • I have checked Realtek HD Audio Manager. Realtek does not recognize my headset, as it is a USB headset. Realtek only manages audio coming in through the audio jacks on the back of the PC Chassis. There are no input devices shown in Realtek HD Audio Manager,
      and Realtek drivers have nothing to do with USB microphones of any type, not excluding the USB headset I am using.
    • I went so far as to go into the device manager and Clicked the Administrator "Change Settings" button in the properties window for my headset. I browsed the list of available drivers on my computer and changed my driver to "USB Audio Device," then restarted.
      This solved zero problems, and it also removed all functionality of Corsair Utility Engine. I rolled back the drivers and reinstalled the firmware of my headset to fix that new issue.
    Please help.

Gwain96, Aug 10, 2020
  4. thiam1 Win User

USB headset microphone not picking up input

Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

I did disable the built-in microphone a few times during my initial troubleshooting. But that doesn't force the headset to pick up the sound input function. Even after reboot, I just have no microphone
    at all while sound still comes through the headset.

Thanks.

thiam1, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

USB headset microphone not picking up input

1. USB headset microphone not picking up input - Similar Threads - USB headset microphone

2. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  3. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  4. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  6. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  7. PC not picking up USB microphone

8. Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone: I used to not have this issue with the same setup, but for some reason (and to be fair, I'm not sure what triggered it), my computer will not accept input from my USB microphone. I have a cheapo Corsair Void Pro headset. It has a 3.5mm connection but also came with a y...
  9. Microphone input picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone input picking up desktop audio: So I have this weird issue where my desktop audio is being picked up by the microphone input. It's not bleeding from the headset as I don't have the microphone plugged into the headset and it still happens. This occurs when it's plugged in with the USB and the Aux cable. I...
  10. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...