Windows 10: USB Headset microphone problem

Discus and support USB Headset microphone problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay here is my problem, I've been using a USB gaming headset for years. I had a Soundblaster Tactics Rage headset, then suddenly last year windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas Balevre jr, Jun 10, 2019.

1. USB Headset microphone problem

Okay here is my problem,

I've been using a USB gaming headset for years. I had a Soundblaster Tactics Rage headset,

then suddenly last year windows decide that it detects the microphone but it refuses to use it.

Long story short, I recently got a new headset and it is having the same problem. If I blow or

talk on the mic, I can hear it over the headset's speakers but it won't show up on on the windows

microphone tab that the mic is not picking up anything up.

The drivers were up to date for both headsets but they are both having the same problem. I don't

know if some kind of windows update caused a problem but I rather not have to refresh windows

and reinstall everything. I have old copies of 3dmax 2008 and adobe cs3 running on my computer and

I'm afraid I won't be able to reactivate them since both companies went cloud and dont support these

older programs anymore.

:)

Thomas Balevre jr, Jun 10, 2019

2. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jun 10, 2019
  3. SLR722 Win User
    Strange problem with USB Microphone

I recently snapped off the microphone-end of the line on my Plantronics headset, so instead of getting a whole new headset, I decided to get a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone.

I have a custom build PC that I had built last October which has a Gigabyte P35-DS3R mobo that has like 8 or 10 USB ports and runs Vista Home Prem. 64-bit. No matter which USB port I plug the mic into, and record myself using Windows Sound Recorder, I get crackling in the background.

I thought it might be the unit so I exchanged it for another and still the same thing.

Then I plugged it into a laptop running Vista Home 32-bit and it works just fine.

I thought it might be something interfering with it, like the wireless mouse or speakers or something, so I brought the laptop to the location of the desktop, and put the mic in the same environment, and it still works fine on the laptop.

I've tried leaving nothing else (USB-based) besides the mic plugged in the desktop and still get crackling.

Obviously all the other devices work just fine (wireless mouse, keyboard, mp3 cable, joystick) with the USB ports, but the mic doesn't.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

SLR722, Jun 10, 2019
  4. USB Headset microphone problem

headset microphone problems with windows 10

I have a USB headset with microphone that I got from Rosetta Stone. When I had Windows 7, I was able to go to Control Panel, Sound settings, etc. and the issue was resolved. I can't find Control Panel on Windows 10, and I haven't been able to get my
    headset mic to register in the "microphone setup" window in Rosetta Stone. One technician suggested that I reboot my computer at least twice with the USB cable attached, but that didn't resolve the problem. I hope somebody can help! Thanks!

SquirrelCNR, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

USB Headset microphone problem

1. USB Headset microphone problem - Similar Threads - USB Headset microphone

2. Microphone Sensitivity to low, USB headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Sensitivity to low, USB headset: Is there a way to separate headset volume and microphone sensitivity?USB headset when turning down the listening volume on earpiece, the master volume goes down and the microphone sensitivity also goes down.When adjusting the microphone sensitivity up it turns the master...
  3. Microphone Sensitivity to low, USB headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Sensitivity to low, USB headset: Is there a way to separate headset volume and microphone sensitivity?USB headset when turning down the listening volume on earpiece, the master volume goes down and the microphone sensitivity also goes down.When adjusting the microphone sensitivity up it turns the master...
  4. Microphone Sensitivity to low, USB headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  6. headset microphone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset microphone problem: i am having issues with my headset mic. i can hear everything fine but cannot get anything from my mic. i talked to a customer support rep. and she had my rollback my driver on my realtech high def headphone in sounds. after restarting my pc my mic worked just fine, but then...
  7. headset microphone problem

8. USB Headset problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Headset problems: Hi I recently bought a new set of headphones with USB connector since the old ones i have have this problem when I connect them to my computer, the speaker icon on the bottom right corner starts flickering like crazy and doesn't let me choose which audio device I want to use...
  9. Problems with the headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with the headset microphone.: [ATTACH] (Warning, long post ahead) Hello everyone. I hope you are having a good day. I have been having some serious issues with my headset mic on windows 10. To be clear, it works completely fine on my Xbox one. The headset is an Astro a10, which is supposed to work on...
  10. Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem

Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem: If you have a camera with a microphone hooked up to your pc and you also had a headset with a microphone hooked up to your pc could your microphone with your headset stop working with your headset? Like stopped working as in when you go to the control panel> Hardware and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset with microphone 3mp file