Windows 10: USB headset not detecting.

Discus and support USB headset not detecting. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got headset for my PC today. It is both headphones and microphones. Although I can use the 3.5mm jack, full functionality is offered through the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grimed85, Feb 22, 2019.

1. grimed85 Win User

USB headset not detecting.

I got headset for my PC today. It is both headphones and microphones. Although I can use the 3.5mm jack, full functionality is offered through the USB port.

However, upon plugging in the USB, the headset is not detected. Other devices work fine in all USB ports. I have tried cold-starting without it plugged in, with it plugged in, no luck.

When device manager is open and I plug it in, nothing is detected. Nothing changes in the sound settings, nothing changes in the recording settings. No new device is ever detected. I have updated all USB drivers as well as sound drivers. It does not work.

:)

grimed85, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Mikej01 Win User

USB headset not detected

I have a Koss CS95-USB headset that work flawlessly with windows 7. After upgrading to windows 10 the headset does not work at all. Windows 10 does not even act as if it detects the device being plugged in. No pop-up saying a new device is detected, no
    device in the device manager to even look at. I have looked at all the problem post about USB headset and tried all the solution listed but non of them are useful because they all rely on updating or changing the installed driver and since my device doesn't
    even get detected no driver is installed to change.

If anybody has a solution or if someone can give me a USB headset model that definitely works with windows 10 that would be very helpful.

Mikej01, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Mikej01 Win User
    USB headset not detected

unfortunately I had already tried that. As I said in my first post. I had already looked at all the threads on USB headset problems and tried all the suggestions. But since my headset does not even seem to be detected nothing works.

Any USB headset that is known to be reliable with windows 10 would be a boon if anyone knows of any otherwise I think I am out of luck until Microsoft can address this problem that seems to be a common problem with these devices.

Mikej01, Feb 22, 2019
  4. USB headset not detecting.

USB headset not detected

Hi Mike,

A couple of questions:

• Do other USB devices work on the same port? (Trying to determine if this is an issue with the device or your USB Controller)
    • Does your PC have multiple USB ports? If so does your headset work on any of those other ports?
    • What PC are you using?
    • Have you tried the headset again on another system? Either Windows 10 or a previous version? Does it work there?
    Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea [MSFT], Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

USB headset not detecting.

1. USB headset not detecting. - Similar Threads - USB headset detecting

2. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  3. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  4. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect

USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect: So I've been up for 2 day's since I bought a headset HP H360G I tried it for a couple of minute windows registered it it worked for like 10 minute but after that it suddenly disappeared I tried updating drivers uninstalling them so on and on I have lost count on how much I've...
  6. USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect

USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect: So I've been up for 2 day's since I bought a headset HP H360G I tried it for a couple of minute windows registered it it worked for like 10 minute but after that it suddenly disappeared I tried updating drivers uninstalling them so on and on I have lost count on how much I've...
  7. USB Headset not detected?

USB Headset not detected?: Im using a onikuma K9 Kitty headset. Whenever I plug it in using the USB it doesnt appear in the computer. i tried using the jack aswell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-headset-not-detected/b0f75fec-fb05-41f3-b4b2-9335db2623ff
  8. USB Headset not detected?

USB Headset not detected?: Im using a onikuma K9 Kitty headset. Whenever I plug it in using the USB it doesnt appear in the computer. i tried using the jack aswell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-headset-not-detected/b0f75fec-fb05-41f3-b4b2-9335db2623ff
  9. USB Headset not detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. USB headset not detected?

USB headset not detected?: Hello, I recently bought an Onikuma K5 headset for my PC (Over Powered PC, windows10 ). Whenever I plug my headset in the USB port it doesn't show up in my devices or in my audio settings. I'll have the headphone and mic jacks plugged into my computer as well, and I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onikuma k5 usb not recognized

2. when i plug in my usb headset nothing is detected

3. msi audio driver not detecting usb headset

4. windows not detecting usb headset