Windows 10: usb hid device serial connection problem

Discus and support usb hid device serial connection problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i am using a sensor that transmits data to a human interface usb device over bluetooth... the hid device is connected by usb to my laptop... when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AhmadNasser3, Apr 6, 2020.

1. usb hid device serial connection problem

Hi

i am using a sensor that transmits data to a human interface usb device over bluetooth... the hid device is connected by usb to my laptop... when i use an application from the manufacturing company i can read the data just fine from the device but whenever i want to code a program that reads data from device, i can't. the device is identified by the laptop as a human interface device and it looks like it is working properly in the device manager but it seems that the device did not reserve any com port to transmit data through,,, so i cannot read the data in any ide or any application "matlab- visual studio...etc"

how can i reserve a com port for this device so i can read data from it?

:)

AhmadNasser3, Apr 6, 2020

2. Problem with HID (Human Interface Device) Drivers Missing

Hi,

It doesn't need to have two USB Input HID Driver, only one would work fine.

To check for possible cause of the issue, we suggest that you run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. 
    • Type Troubleshooting. 
    • Click Hardware and Sound. 
    • Click Hardware and Devices. 
    • Follow the on-screen instructions. 
    If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 6, 2020
  3. a.w.lemke Win User
    USB CDC Serial Driver Problems

Hi!

I’m embedded systems developer and I need to use the USB interface, it’s essentials for my applications.

Recently the Windows 10 had a series of troubles with USB drivers. The operational system doesn’t allow updating the driver provided by the microcontroller manufacturer.

The system that I’m developing when connected to the computer is executed in USB HID mode, where I can change a series of parameters inside of my system, after that, my system enter in USB CDC Serial mode with the objective to obtain more speed and
    flexibility in terms of data transfer between the embedded system and the computer.

The problem that is occurring is when my device changes the operation mode (USB Class) from “USB HID Device” to “USB CDC Serial” the computer doesn’t recognize the USB CDC Serial device. This problem occurs just in the Windows 10. I did some test in
    others operational systems like Windows XP SP3 x86 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and my device works perfectly.

At the present time, I don’t know if it’s a fail of the operational system that doesn’t permit the USB operation mode changes without reconnect the USB cable or it’s an error occasioned by the Windows 10 driver “usbser.sys”.

Sorry my English. Thanks!

André Lemke

a.w.lemke, Apr 6, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

usb hid device serial connection problem

USB-IF Publishes HID Standard for Braille Displays

USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), the support organization for the advancement and adoption of USB technology, today announced a USB HID (Human Interface Device) standard for braille displays, representing a collaborative step toward greater technological accessibility for people who are blind or have low vision. The standard will make it easier to use a braille display across operating systems and different types of hardware. It will also simplify development, removing the need for braille devices to have custom software and drivers created for a particular operating system or screen reader.

"This is another great example of how USB-IF device class specifications can improve people's lives," said USB-IF President and COO Jeff Ravencraft. "With more than 1,000 members worldwide, USB-IF brings companies together to improve access to technology and provide a seamless user experience."

"We see the opportunity that advancements in technology can create for people with disabilities and have a responsibility as an industry to develop new ways of empowering everyone to achieve more," said Jeff Petty, Windows accessibility program manager lead at Microsoft. "Developing a HID standard for braille displays is one example of how we can work together, across the industry, to advance technology in a way that benefits society and ultimately improve the unemployment rate for people with disabilities."

"Technology should be accessible to everyone and Apple designs all products with that in mind," said Sarah Herrlinger, director of Global Accessibility Policy and Initiatives at Apple. "We're proud to advance this new USB-IF standard because we believe in improving the experience for all people who rely on braille displays to use their Apple products or any other device."

"The new standard for braille displays will significantly narrow the gap in communication between people who are visually impaired, blind, or deaf-blind and their sighted and hearing counterparts," said Joseph Bruno, president and CEO of Helen Keller Services. "It allows these individuals to more seamlessly connect to their favorite devices, which is a major step in helping them connect to the world around them. Helen Keller Services applauds the USB Implementers Forum and their members including Apple, Microsoft and other tech companies."

btarunr, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

usb hid device serial connection problem

1. usb hid device serial connection problem - Similar Threads - usb hid device

2. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  3. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  4. W11 Serial devices not more connectable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Serial devices not more connectable: Hi, i am devoloper since 40 years, and handle often with serial USB Ports to communicate with Microcontrollers.This was always no problem in early times, but since w11 it give randomly and sporadic ,but often massivley problems to connect an serialport . They are after period...
  5. W11 Serial devices not more connectable

W11 Serial devices not more connectable: Hi, i am devoloper since 40 years, and handle often with serial USB Ports to communicate with Microcontrollers.This was always no problem in early times, but since w11 it give randomly and sporadic ,but often massivley problems to connect an serialport . They are after period...
  6. Problem with I2C HID Device in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with I2C HID Device in device manager: Due to this problem, my mouse pointer doesn't show and trackpad isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-i2c-hid-device-in-device-manager/d70001af-da98-455c-9939-50bde9a72777
  7. Problem with I2C HID Device in device manager

Problem with I2C HID Device in device manager: Due to this problem, my mouse pointer doesn't show and trackpad isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-i2c-hid-device-in-device-manager/d70001af-da98-455c-9939-50bde9a72777
  8. USB HID Power Device indication issue

USB HID Power Device indication issue: We would like to make a UPS as a USB HID Power Device which contains 4 batteries. At first I made a simple device that reports the average charge of all 4 batteries to the host. When I connect the device to my computer running Windows 10, I can see a battery icon in the tray...
  9. Unable to communicate with USB serial device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to communicate with USB serial device.: Hello, I'm unable to communicate with a USB serial device, namely an Arduino Nano. Under device manager, USB serial has a ! symbol, and it reports that no driver is installed. I've tried searching for drivers, but nothing seems to be recognised as a suitable driver when I...
  10. physical serial ports (Not USB connected)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical serial ports (Not USB connected): My tower has two physical (old school) serial ports which I need to use for a Kenwood CAT radio interface (TS-850) and a RigBlaster PRO soundcard digital interface at the same time. I have tried everything that google has found for me without any luck. I have tried 2 USB to...