Windows 10: USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

Discus and support USB host controller question - multiple host controllers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Reuben Reuben, Sep 19, 2021.

1. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a Seagate Slim 2TB portable USB drive.The Seagate drive works if it's plugged into a USB port on the monitor, but fails with USB ports on the desktop. Also, the Seagate worked when the same desktop PC was running Windows 7.Thanks!

:)

Reuben Reuben, Sep 19, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

What is USB Host Controller

The USB Host Controller is the driver that enables your USB ports to work.

BulldogXX, Sep 19, 2021
  3. What is USB Host Controller

Do I need usb host controller? What is the benefit of it?

Necessary items- Original Title

Nazmus Shakib Khan, Sep 19, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

TI Announces New USB-IF and WHQL Certified 4-Port USB 3.0 Host Controller

Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) today announced that it is the first semiconductor company to receive certification from the USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) for its SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) four-port extensible host controller (xHCI). In addition to the four-port host controller, the TUSB7340, TI also achieved certification for its two-port host controller, the TUSB7320. These four- and two-port host controllers support such applications as notebooks, desktop computers, workstations, servers, add-in cards and ExpressCard implementations, as well as PCIe-based embedded host controllers for HDTVs, set top boxes and gaming console applications. Download datasheets, order free samples, and request evaluation modules (EVMs) here.

"The continuing certification of USB products is key to delivering a smooth and effortless experience to consumers worldwide as they purchase and interconnect their new electronic devices using SuperSpeed USB," said Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB-IF. "We are pleased with the commitment Texas Instruments has made to this standard by delivering such a broad portfolio of SuperSpeed USB products, including their most recent four- and two-port host controllers."

USB host controller question - multiple host controllers 85b_thm.jpg

TI continues to expand the industry's broadest portfolio of end-to-end SuperSpeed USB devices with products like these four- and two-port host controllers in addition to existing peripherals, transceivers, hub controllers, redrivers, power switches and ESD protection chips.

USB host controller question - multiple host controllers 85a_thm.jpg

Host controller key features and benefits
    • Certified and compliant: USB-IF and Microsoft's Windows Hardware Qualification Laboratory (WHQL) standards ensure an open solution for interoperability with industry-wide peripherals and hubs for SuperSpeed USB.
    • Sensitivity: Receiver sensitivity of less than 50 mV differential peak-to-peak is twice as good as that required by the USB 3.0 specification, which allows better detection of weak signals for use with longer cables and eases board layout challenges.
    • Reduced BOM: Full state-machine architecture eliminates the need for any external storage device, such as EEPROM or Flash, saving bill of materials (BOM) costs by five percent compared to competitive solutions.
    Availability and pricing
    These USB-IF-certified SuperSpeed USB host controllers come in a compact WQFN package and are sampling now. They will be in volume production in May 2011, with suggested resale pricing of $4.50 for the four-port TUSB7340 and $3.50 for the two-port TUSB7320, in quantities of 1,000.

btarunr, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

1. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers - Similar Threads - USB host controller

2. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Driver failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-failed/bf6227f7-d6db-4ada-baae-b590943ea76b
  3. USB host controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB host controller not working: After resetting my hp notebook pc I noticed my USB ports stopped working although whenever I connect it to my phone it still charges my phone but no data transfer option, I've also tried tons of flash drives but none of them came up I also went as far as upgrading to windows...
  4. USB host controller not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB host controller not working: After resetting my hp notebook pc I noticed my USB ports stopped working although whenever I connect it to my phone it still charges my phone but no data transfer option, I've also tried tons of flash drives but none of them came up I also went as far as upgrading to windows...
  5. USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB XHCI Complaint Host Controller: Lenovo Yoga 460 showing an error on USB xHCI complaint Host Controller. Tried to update but it says best drivers already installed. Tried formating the PC the same issue. The Touch Camera Fingerprint Sensors USB ports They have stopped working. The other issue is that it...
  6. USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10

USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10: I have a Dell laptop that uses the3.0 eXtensible host controller which I use to control my filter wheel on my telescope. It has worked fine for 3 years. I just bought a new HP Envy laptop whihc has the 3.1 eXtensible host controller and the filter wheel works for a few...
  7. USB Host Controller resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Host Controller resetting?: Due to incompatibility with some hardware I’m trying to sort out, I want to set my USB host controllers back to a default windows one to see if it solves anything. It’s usually set to the AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller in the device manager, but when i try to change...
  8. Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues: Hello, I am unable to use Bluetooth on my pc tower and when I try to update the driver I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your Bluetooth USB Host Controller". Going into the properties of the Bluetooth USB Host Controller the device status reads: "The...
  9. USB Host Controller error.

USB Host Controller error.: Can you please advise steps to resolve the issue? I did try to update the driver but it is reported as using the latest one. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-host-controller-error/ecaaf497-7ae5-4a9c-861e-5ddf167431cd
  10. renesas 3.0 host controller / hci compliant host controller needed .

renesas 3.0 host controller / hci compliant host controller needed .: Hello : Since I updated to win 10 . in device manager I'm having a problem with my usb host controllers , looks like I need a update for win 10 . [img] 31024