Windows 10: USB hub acts as app using webcam

Discus and support USB hub acts as app using webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just bought a webcam. Unfortunately it has a very short cable - too short to reach from the PC on the floor to the top of my screen where I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by simonc8, Jun 5, 2020.

1. simonc8 Win User

USB hub acts as app using webcam

I've just bought a webcam. Unfortunately it has a very short cable - too short to reach from the PC on the floor to the top of my screen where I want to use it - so I tried connecting it via a USB hub. If I start the Windows Camera app it says "It looks as though another app is already using the camera".

However, if I plug the camera directly into the computer without using the hub then Camera accesses the camera with no problem.

How can I access the camera when it's plugged into the hub?

Using Windows 10 1909 OS build 18363.836

:)

simonc8, Jun 5, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Logitech c270 HD webcam only works with camera app on windows 10

For this issue, we suggest that you try to uninstall the USB Root Hub in the Device Manager. Kindly unplug the webcam first before performing the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and then type devmgmt.msc.
    • Click OK.
    • Select Universal Serial bus controllers in Device Manager.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer and it will automatically install back the driver again.

Keep us updated.

Rhina Vib, Jun 5, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

TIGR, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. USB hub acts as app using webcam - Similar Threads - USB hub acts

2. USB HUB Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB HUB Help: Good Day,I need help regards my Lenovo Ideapad-15iby.I am using a USB Hub to maximize ports I can use. But unfortunately, Every time I plug my Power / Charge my device. It "automatically" "disable" my USB HUB and anything connected to it.I would really appreciate some Answers...
  3. Problems with laptop webcam due to usb hub.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with laptop webcam due to usb hub.: Laptop in question is Asus K513E OLED 11gen i5, win 10.Device Manager showing webcam as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed".I uninstalled the webcam drivers and reinstall them from the official Asus support page for this laptop - didn't work.Then I did the...
  4. Problems with laptop webcam due to usb hub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with laptop webcam due to usb hub.: Laptop in question is Asus K513E OLED 11gen i5, win 10.Device Manager showing webcam as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed".I uninstalled the webcam drivers and reinstall them from the official Asus support page for this laptop - didn't work.Then I did the...
  5. Problems with laptop webcam due to usb hub.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  7. usb webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam: how to change USB webcam to front facing image, how can I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam/2a91ecdf-440c-41c6-83dd-9a947e72c630
  8. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  9. USB Webcam

USB Webcam: I have a cheap PIAEK and it worked fine until a few days ago. It works but it restarts every few minutes. This happens in all USB ports so I know it is not a port problem. I checked to see if the driver needed to be updated but it was current. If my driver is corrupt, where...
  10. Trouble with using USB Hub

Trouble with using USB Hub: I recently updated to Version 1607 and I am having problems with USB devices, specifically with USB Hubs.* Upon startup I get a message that the recently installed USB device was not recognized.* I go to Device Manager and find that there is a*yellow triangle next to one of...