Windows 10: USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

Discus and support USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If your device was working fine in Windows 7 and earlier and/or on the Mac platform but now not working in Windows 10: Control Panel > Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Camera Man_JW, Mar 29, 2020.

1. USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

If your device was working fine in Windows 7 and earlier and/or on the Mac platform but now not working in Windows 10:

Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers >

Right - Click on any/all Hubs you suspect

In the window that pops up Click on the Power Management tab

Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Credit and my thanks goes to

https://atolla.us/blogs/news/usb-hub-not-recognized

Found problem to be with power management settings in Windows 10 as usual for any performance issue. Probably need to check these when Microsoft forces changes on you through Automatic Updates.

Sometimes your device will be recognized on boot-up / restart if the device is already plugged in but then after, if you unplug it then plug it back in, and then it is not recognized - the culprit is likely the default power miser mode that was buried in the Device Manager.

:)

Camera Man_JW, Mar 29, 2020
  2. LHL711 Win User

usb 3.0 thumb drive not working or recognized

I have a usb thumb drive that is not being read or recognized by my computer. It is listed in devices as unspecified and have done the troubleshooting with no success. The status for this device states "Driver error" and "Needs troubleshooting". As I
    stated, I have tried to troubleshoot but without success.

I do not want to reformat the drive as I need the information on the device. Is their any way to repair the driver on the usb without losing the information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LHL711, Mar 29, 2020
  3. dpvhouse Win User
    reading thumb drives

I have IE 11 and windows 10. Toshiba Laptop cannot read thumb drive. The usb port recognizes other devices such as pointing wireless etc but the port will not recognize a thumb drive.

dpvhouse, Mar 29, 2020
  4. USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

Thumb drive issue

W10 won't recognize my USB thumb drive. Would like to be able to install music to this drive, but doesn't show up on

"Send To" list or on the drives shown in "This PC". Never had this issue in W7 Home, so wondering if there's a fix for W10.

Bob

BobLandryZS, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

1. USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved - Similar Threads - USB Hub Device

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  6. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  7. Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...

Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...: Issue: any storage devices that are not powered external hard drives, thumb drives, etc aren't recognized by Windows 10 unless I do a restart with them inserted. After that, they appear to work, but I'd prefer not restarting every time I need to open a drive. Some things I've...
  8. Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters: Greetings all, Can anyone tell me why I would be seeing duplicate drive letters for any USB drive i.e. thumb, ssd, etc., in the MS Explorer navigation pane. Also, when I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon on the taskbar to remove the USB drive, it's always...
  9. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  10. Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?

Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?: Hello; I found that a 32GB LEXAR USB 3.0 thrumb drive was not being fully recognized by my PC. When using File Manager and clicking on Removable disk (I:) under This PC, I am getting a prompt: Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk (I:). [The volume name used to be shown...