Windows 10: USB hub malfunctioning

Discus and support USB hub malfunctioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had brought Zebronics Zeb war Keyboard and mouse combo, with Zebronics ZEB-100HB. When I try to connect both keyboard and mouse to the usb hub, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MOHAMMAD TAHA MOMIN, Mar 8, 2021.

1. USB hub malfunctioning

I had brought Zebronics Zeb war Keyboard and mouse combo, with Zebronics ZEB-100HB. When I try to connect both keyboard and mouse to the usb hub, one starts malfunctioning, for example keyboard starts typing repeating key infinitely or mouse cursor does not move freely. When I connect them separately, like keyboard directly to my laptop and mouse to the USB hub, they perform normally. I have checked my usb hub with other peripherals, they work just fine. But this keyboard and mouse combo cannot be connected to the USB hub. Kindly tell me what is the issue.

:)

MOHAMMAD TAHA MOMIN, Mar 8, 2021

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 8, 2021
  3. TIGR Win User
    MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

TIGR, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

USB hub malfunctioning

USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

USB hub malfunctioning

1. USB hub malfunctioning - Similar Threads - USB hub malfunctioning

2. Anker USB C Hub malfunctioning. Device Descriptor Request Failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anker USB C Hub malfunctioning. Device Descriptor Request Failed.: Hi all, I'm having some trouble with an Anker brand USB-C Hub that I have. It contains 2 USB-A ports, 2 USB-C Ports, an HDMI port, and an SD Card Reader. It is connected to my laptop, running the latest version of Windows 11, through a USB-C Cable, to my laptop's only USB-C...
  3. Anker USB C Hub malfunctioning. Device Descriptor Request Failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anker USB C Hub malfunctioning. Device Descriptor Request Failed.: Hi all, I'm having some trouble with an Anker brand USB-C Hub that I have. It contains 2 USB-A ports, 2 USB-C Ports, an HDMI port, and an SD Card Reader. It is connected to my laptop, running the latest version of Windows 11, through a USB-C Cable, to my laptop's only USB-C...
  4. USB Dongle Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Dongle Malfunctioning: Hi, I have a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard bundle 2000. When I plug it into the computer, it gives me this message: USB Device not recognized. What can I do it fix this?...
  5. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  6. Usb port malfunction

Usb port malfunction: I can't get one if my ports to work. I have a lenovo all-in-one desktop. The back ports work fine. When I plug a usb into the bottom side port it works. As soon as I plug in something to the top side usb port, the bottom one quits as well as the top one not working. I have...
  7. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  8. USB port "malfunction"

USB port "malfunction": I have an HP 15-bs060; my USB port won't recognize anything I plug in. It always says the last device I plugged in "malfuctioned and Windows doesnt recognize this device." I'm trying to upload pics off my phone to clear up space, tried my back-up laptop too and get same...
  9. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zeb usb 100 forum