Windows 10: USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports

Discus and support USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV that I've been using for about 5 months. Ever since I've had it, I've been using a Blackweb USB 3.0 hub with it with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brantloaf, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Brantloaf Win User

USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports

I have an ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV that I've been using for about 5 months. Ever since I've had it, I've been using a Blackweb USB 3.0 hub with it with no issues...

...until yesterday when it stopped working. My computer would make the normal device connected sound and would still recognize a USB hub in device manager, but would not show any signs of seeing the devices plugged into the hub. At first I figured it was the hub, but it worked when I plug it into my other computer. Any other USB devices I connect to my laptop, including another USB 3.0 hub, worked fine. I tried everything I could think of to get the hub working again, including restarting my computer multiple times, looking for windows updates, removing all of the USB drivers in device manager and then restarting multiple times, redownloading the chipset driver from the Asus website, and downloading the chipset driver directly from AMD.

This is where things get really weird. Eventually, I figured out that the hub will work on my computer if I plug it into the USB port on the right side of my laptop, but not if I plug it into either of the ports on the left side of my laptop. I've been having some other unrelated issues with my laptop lately, so I decided to reset my laptop using the OEM recovery option. After doing this, the hub worked on all three ports!!!... for about half a day. It then stopped working again. Same exact symptoms: making the connection sound, showing in device manager, not recognizing devices on the hub, but working perfectly on the right side USB port. Then I deiced to try reinstalling Windows from a USB drive created with the Windows 10 media creation tool. After doing that, the device still didn't work and still had the same symptoms. This time, it didn't have a period of a few working hours on all ports after the reset, it just didn't work on the ports at all.

It's worth noting that I tried connecting other devices and other hubs to every USB port throughout this whole process. Everything worked every time except that particular hub on those particular ports.

I know I could probably just solve this problem by buying a new hub, but I really like the hub I have now and the way it works on my desk, and I'm just too stubborn to give up when this shouldn't be a problem in the first place. Any and all advice is appreciated.

:)

Brantloaf, Nov 12, 2020
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 12, 2020
  3. frozensun Win User
    USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Satechi Announces 10-port USB 3.0 Hub

i actually use a similar USB 3.0 hub purely as a charger for my portable devices.

its only a 5 port, but those 5 ports can all do 500ma/900ma/1.5a depending on the device.

Also, USB 2.0 storage devices tend to run faster on 3.0 hubs/ports. worth noting.

Mussels, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports - Similar Threads - USB Hub Working

2. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  3. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  4. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB hub - USB C port not working

USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  6. USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices

USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  7. USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices

USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  8. one USB port not work

one USB port not work: HI i have a question,my laptop HP Pavilion dv6700 have 3 USB ports, 2 ports working graet,only one port not working,ivoltage,have the 5.12volts,but the laptop not recogniced,ichec the drivers ,I uninstall all drivers,then restart the PC,all the drivers are OK, the PC work...
  9. Some devices work on a usb port some dont

Some devices work on a usb port some dont: WD External Hard drive and Logitech 502G Mice are not working on my PC but works on other computers without problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-devices-work-on-a-usb-port-some-dont/0978a2eb-d8dc-4b2b-9b96-108ddb35241e
  10. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...