Windows 10: USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020

Discus and support USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop. The keyboard and mouse are attached via a usb port on the monitor. I had no issues until this week around 17th May .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by winstonSmith, May 22, 2020.

1. USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020

I have a windows 10 laptop.
    The keyboard and mouse are attached via a usb port on the monitor.

I had no issues until this week around 17th May .

Now, when i turn on my laptop the keyboard works to let me enter my bitlocker password, but when i get to the windows login screen, i have to unplug & reattach the usb hub laptop to make it work.

Its clear there is no issue with the keyboard as it works when entering the bitlocker password, but the latest windows update seems to have broken windows ability to see the keyboard on startup.

Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

winstonSmith, May 22, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 22, 2020
  3. Nailezs Win User
    win8.1 and inoperable case usb hub

Hey guys,

I did a fresh install of win8 and updated/installed to win8.1. Now my usb2.0 hub on my case is completely inoperable. The hub did work on my previous install of win8. Devices work when installed onto the usb ports of the motherboard. I figure that this is some type of windows driver issue, being that usb support is supposed to be native in win8.1, I just don't know what driver it is or where to download it.
    Or I could be completely wrong.

Any idea's or suggestions?

EDIT: I noticed that devices are getting power then plugged into the hub, the OS is just not recognizing them. I've tried this with my usb headphones and a usb drive.

Nailezs, May 22, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020

USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 22, 2020
Thema:

USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020

1. USB Hub not working on startup since last weeks update May 2020 - Similar Threads - USB Hub working

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. Slow startup after updating last week

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup after updating last week: Hi everyone, Anyone else experiencing super slow startup on win10 x64 from the last update over a week ago or so? (I didn't update due to work schedule, but whatever the update was previous to last week). I've currently updated to the latest windows update and it seems a...
  5. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  6. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...
  7. Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020: Nothing happens when I click on it. CLicking on filename from Windows/System32 folder also not working I've tried SFC and DISM with restorehealth. SFC said it found corrupted files and fixed them. DISM returns no problem at all. Notepad keeps not working. All...
  8. Random BSODs since update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  9. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  10. Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then: Hi all! Since last week I see on most systems here now and then the following in Windows Problem Report: [img] I assume I am not the only one and it looks like a Microsoft-server is overloaded. Is there any way to get rid of those errors? The strange thing is that...