Windows 10: USB Hub not working

Discus and support USB Hub not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new computer and a USB hub I used with my old computer is not being recognized not is any peripherals. I have done all the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnJanis1, Mar 20, 2020.

1. USB Hub not working

I have a new computer and a USB hub I used with my old computer is not being recognized not is any peripherals. I have done all the troubleshooting online with no success any suggestions?

:)

JohnJanis1, Mar 20, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 20, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

4. Anne Ros Win User

USB Hub not working

USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

USB Hub not working

1. USB Hub not working - Similar Threads - USB Hub working

2. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  3. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  4. Rear USB Hubs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rear USB Hubs not working: Just cleaned my computer by using the PC panel cover to blow dust out and was planning a clean install, But after I started the computer with the mouse, keyboard, etc. plugged in, It didn't boot up and when I removed the mouse, keyboard, etc. from the rear USB hubs which I...
  5. Rear USB Hubs not working

Rear USB Hubs not working: Just cleaned my computer by using the PC panel cover to blow dust out and was planning a clean install, But after I started the computer with the mouse, keyboard, etc. plugged in, It didn't boot up and when I removed the mouse, keyboard, etc. from the rear USB hubs which I...
  6. Rear USB Hubs not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  8. USB Hub not working

USB Hub not working: My USB hub is not working j5 create 7 port usb hub JUH377When I plug things into the USB Hub I hear constant connecting and disconnecting sounds and none of the peripherals appearI've tried connecting the hub to all usb ports and the same issue occursI've connected other...
  9. USB Hub not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...