Windows 10: USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

Discus and support USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello!I got a new Type - C USB Hub with 4 3.0 ports.The hub works great, but the problem is that once I try to safely remove eject one of the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by olat_dragneel, May 10, 2021.

1. USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

Hello!I got a new Type - C USB Hub with 4 3.0 ports.The hub works great, but the problem is that once I try to safely remove eject one of the USB devices, all of them get disconnected. Furthermore, once I do that, I can't connect any devices again until I restart the PC. They do power up, but windows does not read them.For example, let's say I connect 3 devices: USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3.I then click the taskbar icon to safely remove USB 1. There's no option to just remove one, but it says Eject External. Once I click that, all 3 devices are then safely removed.I then disconnect those devices a

:)

olat_dragneel, May 10, 2021
  2. trodas Win User

USB device eject annoying message

Classic USB device, like a classic keychain flash drive, remove from my Windows 2000 SP4 open always this window:

USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior USB_device_remove.png

Even I use the sync.exe utility ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/fileanddisk/sync.mspx ) with parameters "sync.exe -r -e" with flush and eject the drive. Then I think it is safe to eject the USB device, since I already forced all the data to be written on the device before removing it.

Yet still the message appear.

Any ideas how to disable it?

trodas, May 10, 2021
  3. Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

I use to be able to eject my USB drive via "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" with list as below:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - Eject Data Traveler 111
    - USB Drive (DUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :)
    - Eject My Passport Ultra
    - My Passport (EUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :)

However recently the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" list seems corrupted and shows:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - USB Drive (DUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :)

- My Passport (EUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :)

with { - USB Drive (DUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :) } and { - My Passport (EUSB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior :) } are grayed out.

Currently the only way for me is go to file explorer and right click the removable drive and click Eject.

Please help!

Tze Lin Wong, May 10, 2021
  4. Aevum Win User

USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

usb device not recognized

too many devices on the same usb hub, 1 usb hub can only give around 150mA to 1 device, but that device can negotiate to get 550mA, but in that case its sucking all the power that the specific USB hub can provide, usualy wifi and bluetooth will suck up 550mA, diabling the hub for more devices

Aevum, May 10, 2021
Thema:

USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

1. USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior - Similar Threads - USB Hub Safely

2. Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: When I try to eject the USB storage device, a pop-up shows this: "Problem Ejecting USB Attatched SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device The application '\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped. Close the application...
  3. Safe Removal of USB devices not working

Safe Removal of USB devices not working: A while ago I paused updates on my computer. I found that many of them were more troublesome than their worth, not helpful, or just annoying. For instance, do we all remember when they got rid of the ability to change the screen brightness without having to go into settings?...
  4. USB Hub shows up as USB Drive (empty). Safely removing SD card removes hub.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Hub shows up as USB Drive (empty). Safely removing SD card removes hub.: Just did a fresh install of Win10. When I plugged my USB hub w/sd card slot in via usb cable, I was surprised to see a ghosted out drive sitting in My Computer. Also, I'm also given a the status icon to "Safely remove Hardware and Eject Media" but when I click it, there are...
  5. Safe to remove XVD devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to remove XVD devices?: Hey, I recently just learned that these XVD drives that show up in device manager are virtual disks used to store and run games which are natively Xbox games, but that you can also install on your PC via the Windows Store. I cam across 1 thread with someone else asking what...
  6. Safely eject USB not showing and now sound when connecting device

Safely eject USB not showing and now sound when connecting device: There is no sound upon connecting/disconnecting any device, and Safely Eject a USB Device (I don't remember the actual name of the thing) doesn't show up at all - not even in Taskbar settings. I'm not sure when this problem started, but it's very annoying and can possibly...
  7. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  8. safely remove device

safely remove device: Hi I want to safely remove USB device. The icon is on the task bar but turned off in settings, how do I turn it on ? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-device/995c6a92-c905-4d08-8d14-55e494f1810b
  9. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer

"Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer: I just purchased a Seagate external drive as a backup for my computer. Without me doing anything the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in the lower part of my computer screen now says "Open Devices and Printers" which is where it takes you when you click on...
  10. message to safely remove usb device

message to safely remove usb device: I need to get back the notification that I can safely remove a USB pen drive, the notification that happens in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I think I used to have it but somehow turned it off. thanks 54542