Windows 10: USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?

Discus and support USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 setups of Windows-10-pro machines each using an external USB-hub. Connected to the hubs are three devices 1x usb-dmx adapter, 2x usb-rs485... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by evsccc, Jun 29, 2022.

1. evsccc Win User

USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?

I have 2 setups of Windows-10-pro machines each using an external USB-hub. Connected to the hubs are three devices 1x usb-dmx adapter, 2x usb-rs485 adapter. Now, somehow simultaneously, both setups started having issues with the USB devices, within the last 2-3 months can't pinpoint exactly when it started.After a restart, all the USB-devices connected to the hub appear as normal in the Device Manager, yet when my software tries to access the devices, it claims those ports are "busy". As if another software is accessing them. Then I need to manually unplug the devices and pl

:)

evsccc, Jun 29, 2022

2. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Jun 29, 2022
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Nailezs Win User

win8.1 and inoperable case usb hub

Hey guys,

I did a fresh install of win8 and updated/installed to win8.1. Now my usb2.0 hub on my case is completely inoperable. The hub did work on my previous install of win8. Devices work when installed onto the usb ports of the motherboard. I figure that this is some type of windows driver issue, being that usb support is supposed to be native in win8.1, I just don't know what driver it is or where to download it.
    Or I could be completely wrong.

Any idea's or suggestions?

EDIT: I noticed that devices are getting power then plugged into the hub, the OS is just not recognizing them. I've tried this with my usb headphones and a usb drive.

Nailezs, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

1. USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring? - Similar Threads - USB hub suddenly

2. Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port: I have a Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub that used to work perfectly on my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to connect my keyboard, mouse and phone to my PC through this hub without issue, and without installing a driver for it.But recently, when I plug the USB connector into the PC, I...
  3. Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub suddenly recognized as display port: I have a Wexner QC 3.0 USB hub that used to work perfectly on my Windows 11 laptop. I was able to connect my keyboard, mouse and phone to my PC through this hub without issue, and without installing a driver for it.But recently, when I plug the USB connector into the PC, I...
  4. USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?: I have 2 setups of Windows-10-pro machines each using an external USB-hub. Connected to the hubs are three devices 1x usb-dmx adapter, 2x usb-rs485 adapter. Now, somehow simultaneously, both setups started having issues with the USB devices, within the last 2-3 months can't...
  5. USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hub suddenly blocking ports after restart, some OS update this spring?: I have 2 setups of Windows-10-pro machines each using an external USB-hub. Connected to the hubs are three devices 1x usb-dmx adapter, 2x usb-rs485 adapter. Now, somehow simultaneously, both setups started having issues with the USB devices, within the last 2-3 months can't...
  6. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  7. USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports

USB Hub Not Working On One Device On Some Ports: I have an ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV that I've been using for about 5 months. Ever since I've had it, I've been using a Blackweb USB 3.0 hub with it with no issues... ...until yesterday when it stopped working. My computer would make the normal device connected sound and would...
  8. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...
  9. USB ports suddenly not working...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB ports suddenly not working...: Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail......
  10. USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port: I have a dell xps 15 9550. I plug a 4 port usb hub into the usb port as i use wireless mouse, and use keyboard and thus need a lot of usb hubs. I never had an issue at all. Just recently i had to charge a poweradd... this is a piece that charges your iphone. Thus in order to...