Windows 10: USB hub - USB C port not working

Discus and support USB hub - USB C port not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mojo_OJ_Jojo, Jul 31, 2021.

1. USB hub - USB C port not working

I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to USB C cable and connecting SSD to alternate ports in the hub, works like a charm.What is wrong with USB C port in hub?

:)

Mojo_OJ_Jojo, Jul 31, 2021
  2. ARTOSOFT Win User

Does usb hub slowing down the USB port?

Thank you. My thought too. I am now rearrange the USB connection.

USB key for Ready boost now got direct USB port (not via USB hub port) to PC.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Jul 31, 2021
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Clintlgm Win User

USB hub - USB C port not working

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

I have no Idea, what i suggested you check is the USB ports on your computer ensure you didn't damage them. The Hub you smoked is smoked get rid of it.
    You new Hub is it self-powered? if not you probably don't have enough power going to the hub to support many devices. The flash drive plug it into a port on your computer if it works then its ok and the issue is the hub. If not you can try to run chk disk on it maybe you can fix it.

Clintlgm, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

USB hub - USB C port not working

1. USB hub - USB C port not working - Similar Threads - USB hub USB

2. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  3. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  4. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  6. USB-C HUB Not Working.

USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  7. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  8. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  9. My USB-C Gen3.2 ports stopped working after connected a USB-C hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB-C Gen3.2 ports stopped working after connected a USB-C hub: Hi Everyone, I'm having a bit of issue with my USB-C Gen3.2 ports. I recently bought an ASUS PN50 mini pc, everything is great. I wanted to use a usb hub so I can have more usb ports and a SD card reader. Upon connected the usb hub the first time, it worked flawlessly,...
  10. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...