Windows 10: USB Hub

Discus and support USB Hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karen Hjz, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Karen Hjz Win User

USB Hub

hey guys,

yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports.

when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse.

also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work.

what is the problem? could it be any problem from my laptop?!

:)

Karen Hjz, Oct 20, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Oct 20, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

4. Anne Ros Win User

USB Hub

USB Hub

Hi,

This might be a power setting or driver issue. As an initial workaround, we suggest updating the USB driver and see if it helps. If updating did not work, try rolling the driver back to its previous version before this issue occurred. Follow the steps on
    how to roll back driver:

• On the Search bar or Cortana search, then type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the Human Interface Devices to expand it.
    • Click the driver corresponding to the USB hub that has problem, right-click on it then select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver button to roll back driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

USB Hub

1. USB Hub - Similar Threads - USB Hub

2. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed caused by usb c hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed caused by usb c hub: When I plug in my USB c hub, my laptop surface laptop 3 does not detect it and it gives the error Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. I can see this error in the device manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers. I followed another forum and "Right-click every device...
  3. Why USB hub is slow in comparison to direct port of PC

Why USB hub is slow in comparison to direct port of PC: My Pendrive become very slow when I attach it to USB hub in comparison to if I attach to direct usb port of PC. Is there any way out so that USB hub could work as same as direct USB port of PC. My Windows is Win 10 64 bit. 180071
  4. generic usb hub broken

generic usb hub broken: a few days ago now my pc froze up so i restarted it but the generic usbhub adapter seems to have broken so now i can't use my keyboard and mouse or any other usb a or c hardware,i've tried remote accessing but since it's windows home addition there's no way of connecting via...
  5. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub: I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I connect the mouse and the keyboard separately it works fine. I have seen the exact same problem be posted in this forum link...
  6. Questions about USB, hubs, and Logitech wireless.

Questions about USB, hubs, and Logitech wireless.: Is there a way to identify a particular hardware, to which USB hub it is connected to? The motherboard, is an [ASRock B360 Pro4] MB with USB 2, and 3 ports which are are not being used so that I can resolve the USB problem once and for all. The computer case is a superb heavy...
  7. USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior: Hello!I got a new Type - C USB Hub with 4 3.0 ports.The hub works great, but the problem is that once I try to safely remove eject one of the USB devices, all of them get disconnected. Furthermore, once I do that, I can't connect any devices again until I restart the PC. They...
  8. New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

New somewhat odd USB hub notifications: Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I only have one connected and I rarely have more than two. 177727
  9. Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop turns to sleep when a USB flash drive pluged in the USB Hub: I have a USB 3.0 hub going with AC power adapter, so it has enough power for itself, and it did not matter if I plugged in one, two or three USB flash drivers, it always worked well. (It is 7 port USB 3.0 hub). Suddenly since April until now my laptop turned to sleep...
  10. Using a monitor connected to a DynaDock powered USB hub

Using a monitor connected to a DynaDock powered USB hub: This will take some background to properly frame my question, so please bear with me.First off, I live on a boat. Thus, I have some space constraints on where I can put things. I have 3 Intel NUCs a new one with Win 10, and 2 Win 7 ones and a NAS on a wired network. These are...