Windows 10: USB icon change for no reason

Discus and support USB icon change for no reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to know why my USB drive and SD card icon change for no reason on two computer, one with windows 10 Pro (1903) and the other on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkyDEV, Nov 9, 2019.

1. DarkyDEV Win User

USB icon change for no reason

Hello,

I want to know why my USB drive and SD card icon change for no reason on two computer, one with windows 10 Pro (1903) and the other on windows 10 Entreprise (1903) and a way to fix it if is possible.

This is before:

USB icon change for no reason 41ce1858-931c-4128-adc0-8d63a4fc9d98?upload=true.png

and this is now:

USB icon change for no reason 99e06c05-d3b0-4c5e-bbf0-a553005ec5a3?upload=true.png

:)

DarkyDEV, Nov 9, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 9, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. USB icon change for no reason - Similar Threads - USB icon change

2. Icons that disappear for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons that disappear for no apparent reason: Occasionally I run into this problem where shortcut icons lose their custom icon on the desktop and it is replaced with a Windows generic icon. Example: I just installed Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. It had a custom Acronis icon when it was installed. A few days later...
  3. Color changing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color changing for no reason.: Alright, Everything's normal, It's dark themed.Let's see the search menu! It's not light!What the hell? How do you change that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changing-for-no-reason/98003082-4e43-46bb-9bd1-06a41056c664
  4. Color changing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color changing for no reason.: Alright, Everything's normal, It's dark themed.Let's see the search menu! It's not light!What the hell? How do you change that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changing-for-no-reason/98003082-4e43-46bb-9bd1-06a41056c664
  5. Color changing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Icon changing names for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon changing names for no reason: I was using my PC recently and had to go into "This PC" from Windows System in Start List. When i entered there were folders for Desktop and Documents but no downloads folder. Music , Pictures and Videos folders were there. At this stage i noticed Downloads had been renamed...
  7. What is the reason for this dissapearing Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the reason for this dissapearing Icon: [ATTACH] The edge icon on my start menu has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-reason-for-this-dissapearing-icon/acf6ac25-5659-4227-982d-5a29a54cd974
  8. USB Icon Auto Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Icon Auto Change: Hi, just now when I start using my laptop, I notice that the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" the icon change from USB to Hub/Server icon. Here are the examples:[IMG] When USB Thumb drive plugin [ATTACH] Before Icon on the USB Drive (D:) [ATTACH] After...
  9. Changing icons on files stored on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing icons on files stored on USB: I have a set of files which will be copied to hundreds of flashdrives. I need to permanently change the icons on the original/master files, guaranteeing they'll look identical on each flashdrive. The answer has to be contained on the original flash drive which becomes the...
  10. Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB: I am adding files to a master USB Flashdrive. I want to embed new icons into these files. (Not a properties change) I will clone/copy the master onto hundreds of flashdrives and the icons should be identical (or my instructions, "Look for X icon..." will not work). The answer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reason for icon change in usb