Windows 10: usb instalation media

Discus and support usb instalation media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesHunt2, May 1, 2022.

1. usb instalation media

need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right

:)

CharlesHunt2, May 1, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, May 1, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 1, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

usb instalation media

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, May 1, 2022
Thema:

usb instalation media

1. usb instalation media - Similar Threads - usb instalation media

2. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  3. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  4. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  6. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media: In case Windows 10 Pro OS problematic Can be repaired with USB Stick CreateRecovery USB Stick Windows 10 Pro Or createInstallation media usb stick…?If both can help, When use the first and when the second…?...
  7. USB Stick Recovery Media vs Installation Media

8. usb instalation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb instalation media: need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-instalation-media/93ff205c-55ce-47af-9b16-f12dd5eb03dc
  9. usb instalation media

usb instalation media: need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-instalation-media/93ff205c-55ce-47af-9b16-f12dd5eb03dc
  10. Installing windows installation media to a USB.

Installing windows installation media to a USB.: I'm using a friends laptop to install windows to my new SSD, by installing the boot media to a USB. However, in the installation steps, after I select the USB/DVD option, instead of it giving me the option to select which drive to install it to in my case the USB it simply...