Windows 10: usb install win 10 home

Discus and support usb install win 10 home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeymrl02, Mar 29, 2019.

1. jeymrl02 Win User

usb install win 10 home

Hello

I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a usb drive ?

:)

jeymrl02, Mar 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 29, 2019
  3. DaveK Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes usb install win 10 home :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Mar 29, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

usb install win 10 home

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

usb install win 10 home

1. usb install win 10 home - Similar Threads - usb install home

2. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  3. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home will not install.: My system was working perfectly on Thursday but when I turned it on Friday it came to the log on screen. My pin was refused, my password was refused, and they could not be verified because of "no internet". I verified my network connection, changed ports and cable with same...
  4. Win 10 Home will not install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Install Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win 10 Home: I bought a computer came with Win 10 Pro, but some features I cannot use , such as window update, will it harm my laptop if I purchase Win 10 home and install in my laptop and give up the Win 10 pro? warranty is not the concern...
  6. Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB

Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB: I have kept an old company laptop and bought Win 10 Home. When I try to reinstall it does not copy from USB but install Enterprise and company profile again. How do I get rid of Win 10 Ent?...
  7. Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?

Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?: I will be installing win 10 home on a new ssd drive on a new system. I've read Brink's how to on downloading and installing from a bootable usb. Should I opt for a UEFI install or non UEFI? What precautions do I take to make sure my components are compatible with UEFI? Do I...
  8. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 Home USB Installation

Windows 10 Home USB Installation: I got an installation USB today at BestBuy. My rig is a Skylake i7 in a Kabylake ITX with an empty slot where sat a now damaged WiFi card. My RX 560 graphics card is in it now, and the two DIMMs are full, with 2x8GB DDR4, either 2400mhz or 3600mhz. There's a little SSD for...
  10. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 home installation with bootcamp: I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp. After getting the Windows installed and product key typed in got an error message saying that was not possible to validate the product key. Requiring to...