Windows 10: USB Installation - Black page with white cursor

Discus and support USB Installation - Black page with white cursor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install windows on a laptop ~7-8 years old. I burn iso to a USB from WoeUSB from linux. The disk is new. But when it stacks to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/surpyc, Mar 4, 2021.

1. /u/surpyc Win User

USB Installation - Black page with white cursor

Hi,

I am trying to install windows on a laptop ~7-8 years old. I burn iso to a USB from WoeUSB from linux.

The disk is new. But when it stacks to a black page and a white cursor. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/surpyc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/surpyc, Mar 4, 2021
  2. B-RettXD Win User

Solved. Windows 10 black screen no cursor

I was following instructions to troubleshoot a game install and was instructed to put my pc into safe mode.

Upon reboot i get the white dots circling but then nothing but black after that, no cursor.

Things I have tried:

Rebooting

Windows USB installer

Different video ports

Different USB ports for the USB installer

Currently I am 131 in the support chat and it has been like that for 30 mins.

Someone please assist me I have no idea what else to try, everything takes me back to the loading white dots and then black screen no cursor.

I can not get to any other screen no cursor.

B-RettXD, Mar 4, 2021
  3. milford Win User
    Need to print a list in black & white

I need software that will let me print and invert in black & white.

http://dogfoodselector.com/can-dogs-eat-human-foods/

At the bottom of the page is a list I need to print out.
    1) I need this in black & white.
    2) I need to invert this so I get black letters against a white background.

I can print this with white letters against a black background (in monochrome), but i'll use up too much black ink. What I want to do is invert the colors so that I get regular black letters against a white background.

Any have any ideas?

milford, Mar 4, 2021
  4. USB Installation - Black page with white cursor

Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

USB Installation - Black page with white cursor

1. USB Installation - Black page with white cursor - Similar Threads - USB Installation Black

2. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  3. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  4. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  5. Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?: Hi There, I am trying to change the color of my mouse as I am a teacher and want something that my students can easily see during online learning. I am looking at the ease of access page in settings and I only see white, inverted, and black as options. However, in many...
  6. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  7. Black screen with blinking white cursor, I don't have the installation CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with blinking white cursor, I don't have the installation CD: Hi, I was having problems with my laptop yesterday. A blue screen of death appeared after an upgrade with the code "critical process died". However, in the automatic repair folder, after I tried to "reset this pc" keeping my files, everything turned off. Now, when I turn...
  8. Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor: Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help. Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem. Let me introduce you to my issue. I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer. Starting with, the...
  9. I reversed black and white on Settings pages!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I reversed black and white on Settings pages!: I have no idea how I did it and consequently have no idea how to correct it! After I click the "Gear" for settings every page is reversed, the background is black and all words etc. are white. Since I have a weakened 85 year old brain and rely on the "Snipping" tool to print...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...