Windows 10: usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting

Discus and support usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time i try to install windows on my computer via a usb drive, i reach this screen for a sec then it turns black and reboots! HELP![ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cnad99, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Cnad99 Win User

usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting

Every time i try to install windows on my computer via a usb drive, i reach this screen for a sec then it turns black and reboots! HELP! usb installation of windows 10  going black and rebooting 36f8ab8c-db51-4c64-be6b-af06dd64262d?upload=true.jpg

This is my computer story.

About 3 month ago I builded a computer* for gaming purpose. I installed windows 10 with a usb drive and everything was fine, until a week or so. At first the Geforce experience app wouldn't open, I reinstalled it and everything was fine. Then my games started crashing (i couldn't even open candy crush). After reinstalling windows, the pc would boot only to blue screen when i had signed in(most of the blue screen, acording to windows were caused by ram) I caruflly dismounted the pc and took a deep look at every thing, noticed that a small part of the pcb near the cpu was scratched and it was going from cpu to the ram slots. I bought a new board, reinstalled everything on it usb installation of windows 10  going black and rebooting :( not working ! I bought new sticks of ram and it still is not working. Then I changed the usb and well... I wouldn't be here if it was working.

Specs*

I5 9600k

Gtx 1060 6gb

16 gb G.skill TridentZ

Aorus Z390 Elite motherboard

corsair rm750x

:)

Cnad99, Apr 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 13, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting - Similar Threads - usb installation going

2. Screen go black after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen go black after reboot: I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an app, they open and then freezes a few seconds--then goes black for about 10 to 13 seconds. After that I can click on...
  3. Windows 10 SDK Installation causes Black Screen and Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 SDK Installation causes Black Screen and Reboot: When I install the Windows 10 SDK the install screen will appear, showing 0%, the machine will then freeze, black screen appears and then reboot. The motherboard is an ASUS ROG Strix x-570 Gaming-E with 32 gb mem. The windows installation is current as of 11/23/20. Ive run...
  4. Windows 10 USB Install Reboot Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Install Reboot Cycle: Hey All, I recently yesterday completed the physical part of my new build. Everything was smooth until I tried to install Windows 10 off of a USB stick 16GB. This USB stick has been formatted and cleared of anything other than the Install Manager. The issue is that the...
  5. Windows 10 reboots to black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 reboots to black screen: I am having this issue since the start , whenever I reboot my computer , windows logo appears and after that a black screen. It does not happen when I start my laptop , just happens when I restart it. I usually fix the issue by closing the laptop lid and opening again. Can...
  6. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...
  7. Black Screen on Windows 10 Installation using USB

Black Screen on Windows 10 Installation using USB: Hi, I am trying to install windows 10 on my notebook Dell. I have changed the HDD to a SSD and created a USB to install Windows 10 but during the boot, I get the windows logo ans the withe dotes circulating on screen and after some minutes I get a black screen and nothing...
  8. Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor

Installation black screen on reboot, no cursor: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10, started install at around 10:30am and left it....around 2:30pm it started the large circle with the % in the centre, and again left it for another hour or so and came back to a black screen, no cursor or anything. I waited until about 7:30...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen: Hey guys, Kinda disappointed, after buying Windows 10, I got my USB to install Windows 10. First try I got further than the loading screen, formatted a partition and tried to install windows, that gave me an error so I deleted a partition and made a new one. That gave me...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot: I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried...