Windows 10: USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic

Discus and support USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have other audio interfaces, but this one is new, and it doesn't work right! What am I doing wrong? It's basically Mixer, to USB, and I plug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cracksniffer666, Jul 3, 2020.

1. USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic

I have other audio interfaces, but this one is new, and it doesn't work right!

What am I doing wrong? It's basically Mixer, to USB, and I plug my headphones and mic into the mixer.

I can hear my voice, but for instance, if I watch a video/listen to a song, I can't hear anything. I got this to do a youtube channel/podcast, so this is essential. Can anyone think of anything I'm doing wrong?

submitted by /u/cracksniffer666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cracksniffer666, Jul 3, 2020

2. USB audio CODEC

I have a 5 year old Mackie ProFx8 mixer that uses a USB port for data transfer. When you configure your system, the USB CODEC driver will be used. Anything that hangs off the mixer will be detected like your speakers and mics. Everything goes through the
    USB port on the mixer. It acts like an analog to digital USB hub.

You need to disable audio drivers of devices not attached to the mixer to avoid any feedback and potential driver bugs. Many computer motherboards have onboard audio chipsets like VIA or Realtek. You may be using Nvidia
    or ATI Radeon graphics cards too. They will install their own HD audio and virtual drivers.

You do not need to use those and should disable them. You want to avoid having anything influencing your audio pipeline.

I started receiving "pops" whenever I left clicked with my mouse on various user interface elements in applications that I was running. It was extremely annoying. You may not have had these before but they start showing up after adding more gear to your
    USB mixer and USB ports. After hours of troubleshooting, I disabled all the devices mentioned above. You would think that would work, but it didn't.

To eliminate the problems entirely, uninstall all unused audio drivers.

Go to Device Manager

Click on Audio inputs and outputs

Right click the audio components you do not need

Disable first, then uninstall

Click on Sound, video and game controllers

Right click the audio components you do not need

Disable first, then uninstall

Reboot your computer.

Right click on the speaker icon in the tray

Look at the Playback list and Recording list

You should see devices attached to the USB Audio CODEC listed

Do the same with Device Manager and check that the system did not reinstall the drivers you eliminated

Kerry Kobashi, Jul 3, 2020
  3. WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device

I have a very old Roland audio interface (UA1-EX) which I have to use in its generic USB audio mode because it is no longer supported by Roland. I have been able to get it working using ASIO4ALL and record from its audio input, albeit very poorly. So I decided to try using it with WASAPI. However in my DAW's audio device controls, the mic input of the interface is not listed, even though its ouput is. Why would the input of a generic USB audio device not be available in WASAPI?

ricecrispies, Jul 3, 2020
  4. USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic

Unable to record audio using usb audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.

Hi, I am trying to record all outgoing audio but I can't get it to work.

Set-up; I have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (usb audio interface) connected via usb.

In the windows-mixer this Focusrite has been selected as the ''standard'' output-device. The audio-scale visible on the right show reaction to the audio-signals produced (f.i. winamp or youtube).

In the recording-tab of the windows-mixer this device is also selected as ''standard'' device. Unfortunately the audio-scales show no sign of life here.

Probably this prevents me from recording all audio, I presume.

* all audio played is clearly hearable via headphones and connected amplifier

* The volume-level in the properties of this recording-device are on 100%

* There are three devices available in the recording-tab with a scale on the right-side. None of them show any signal to the audio produced.

Any tips on solving this issue will be very appreciated

thanks in advance

Johan Smits

***Modified Title from: Issue trying to record all audio in Windows 10***

JohanSmits, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic

1. USB interface (audio mixer) can't hear desktop audio, only mic - Similar Threads - USB interface audio

2. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  3. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  4. Audio Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Mixer: My audio mixer keeps changing when i go to google it goes to 100 when im in my game its at 50 it just destroys my ears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-mixer/db761540-ba4e-4e7c-9116-69d165055ab2
  5. Audio Mixer

Audio Mixer: My audio mixer keeps changing when i go to google it goes to 100 when im in my game its at 50 it just destroys my ears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-mixer/db761540-ba4e-4e7c-9116-69d165055ab2
  6. Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface

Recording garbled audio from USB audio interface: Every application that I have that can record audio, now sounds like a zoom call where the connection is bad. Playback is normal. Regardless of the program used the results are the same this seems like a driver or OS issue. I can use the same audio interface on my android...
  7. Audio USB interface problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio USB interface problem: For some reason my Behringer UMC22 USB interface no longer accepts input from the instrument socket. I can use the microphone input but this produces a latency problem that is not compatible with trying to record music against a backing track All used to work OK until...
  8. audio mixers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio mixers...: I am getting an audio mixer that is linking to all my applications when I open a game. I have no idea what I pushed for it to pop up and I cannot exit or move it. I need to know what I can do to figure out where it is coming from to make it not pop up anymore....
  9. Can't hear audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't hear audio: When I plug in my headphones' speakers it briefly shows up as Speakers (2-High Definition Audio device) (Translated to English) and then it just disappears and it appears again for a brief moment when I'm pulling the headphones' speaker jack out. Don't know what to search for...
  10. No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio output with external USB Audio Mixer: I'm dealing with a "no audio" issue with my Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB.This issue started happening after I installed the latest creator's update for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.I've researched the issue and tried several things; so far, no luck.First off, playback devices and...