Windows 10: usb is not recognized

Discus and support usb is not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi everyone, i have buy a new laptop before 5 months and i connect my usb and its say (usb is not recognized)*cry i have search for the problem in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by froz12, Oct 8, 2016.

1. froz12 Win User

usb is not recognized

hi everyone,
    i have buy a new laptop before 5 months
    and i connect my usb and its say (usb is not recognized)*cry i have search for the problem
    in google but none is helped i have try this
    how to fix or repair usb flash drive not shown in my computer more [read the description] - YouTube and (its not showing in manage)*Sleepy
    and this How To Fix USB Ports Not Working or Not Recognized (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista) / Laptop PC - YouTube but its not working*Confused
    and i have windows 10 if its important to known.
    iam not sure but i think that some drivers are missing

:)

froz12, Oct 8, 2016

2. USB device is not recognized.

I just bought a laptop with Windows 10. When I plug in my flash drive (the first and only I have ever plugged on this laptop) I get the message: "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. I tried
    plugging it to my friend's laptop that doesn't work with Windows and it was recognized.

GlendaMello, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    USB device is not recognized.

Hi Glenda,

This issue may have happened because the USB driver is not properly installed or corrupted.

Kindly check this link
    to help us diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Oct 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

usb is not recognized

dalchina, Oct 9, 2016
  5. froz12 Win User
    it's external hdd
    no it's not working on different computers
    yes all usb device work perfectly
    i try all of these but not working

froz12, Oct 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    So if your external HDD isn't working on various computers.... what do you conclude?

dalchina, Oct 9, 2016
  7. froz12 Win User
    i don't known*Think but if there is way to recover files
    it will be great

froz12, Oct 10, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

usb is not recognized

It depends precisely what's happened to the drive.
    Try plugging it in, then launching Disk Management
    (Windows key + X, click Disk Management)

Can you see your external drive? Post a screenshot it so. If it doesn't have a letter, assign it one in Disk Management.
    If that works, see if you can see the contents in file explorer.

Always back up. One useful way to do that and secure your PC and your data is disk imaging. We recommend a 3rd party program, many people like Macrium Reflect (free).

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  9. froz12 Win User
    it's not showing in disk management and that's the problem

usb is not recognized [​IMG]

froz12, Oct 11, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Oct 11, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Are you able to remove the drive from its case? (You can buy enclosures and put drives in them - others are not removeable). Otherwise if you have valuable data, your only other option would be a costly data recovery company.

@CountMike - if the drive isn't accessible from Windows, recovery tools won't help..

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    I know but it doesn't hurt to try. I had cases when it didn't show in Disk Management yet rescue program(s) have seen it. Active partition and/or Easus would also see it. In this case, it's built in controller have probably kicked the bucket or bought a farm as case may be.

CountMike, Oct 11, 2016
  13. jimbo45 Win User

usb is not recognized

Hi there
    try and see if it's listed when you run DISKPART in admin mode

type in LIST DISK. If HDD isn't shown there then it's probably defective.

Another solution is to plug it into a POWERED USB HUB - even if HDD needs separate power sometimes it still won't work unless a POWERED USB hub is used -- some of those external HDD's can take a lot of power --especially if connected to a laptop.

If that still fails then one more final throw of the dice -- download a Linux Live CD (suggest Linux Mint as it's really Windows like). Boot it up and see if it sees your HDD.

If it does you can recover all your files - copy to another device.

Before doing anything though switch off everything (completely power down and leave unplugged for 5 mins) and then power up computer first with NO USB devices connected (other than possibly mouse and keyboard). Then plug in HDD.

My gut feel is that unless HDD is broken you've got insufficient power on the laptop USB to drive the device.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 11, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Device was reported thus:
    so it's not so likely to be a power problem.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  15. froz12 Win User
    it doesn't work
    the recovery tools are not detecting it

froz12, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

usb is not recognized

1. usb is not recognized - Similar Threads - usb recognized

2. my device isn't recognized in any USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my device isn't recognized in any USB port: my device isn't recognized in any USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-isnt-recognized-in-any-usb-port/2eb811ec-242f-4117-9f53-192ae51d7756
  3. my device isn't recognized in any USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my device isn't recognized in any USB port: my device isn't recognized in any USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-isnt-recognized-in-any-usb-port/2eb811ec-242f-4117-9f53-192ae51d7756
  4. my device isn't recognized in any USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...: I need help because I REALLY want this to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-usb-to-guitar-cord-and-it-is/02b54a48-3350-40e9-85a3-892914c35783
  6. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...: I need help because I REALLY want this to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-usb-to-guitar-cord-and-it-is/02b54a48-3350-40e9-85a3-892914c35783
  7. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

8. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  9. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  10. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb device descriptor failure windows 10 ver.1903