Windows 10: USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed

Discus and support USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abdur rahman abdullah, Mar 6, 2019.

1. USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed

USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed..

:)

Abdur rahman abdullah, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Cole_538 Win User

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Mar 6, 2019
  3. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Mar 6, 2019
  4. USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed

usb drivers

Hello Alman,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the USB devices are not recognized after upgrading to Windows 10.

Follow the below recommended methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click
    Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Select System, and then click on
    Device Manager.

Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click
    System, and then click Device Manager.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
    Allow.

3. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the
    Host Controller,

From the context menu that appears, click on the following and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A) Update Driver Software

B) Uninstall

• Update Driver Software to update the driver of the selected USB controller. On the displayed box, click
      Search automatically for updated driver software to make the Windows to search for the updated driver from the Internet.
    • Uninstall to uninstall the driver.Then, restart your computer and Windows will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Check if at all there is an exclamation mark along the driver, it suggests issues with the driver installed.
    4. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

If you still face the same issue then you may check for the updated USB device drivers using windows update.

Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

As an additional resource, please refer to the below links and check if it helps.

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/install-usb-3-usb-devices

Note: Links relevant to Windows 8.1 also applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed

1. USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed - Similar Threads - USB isnt connecting

2. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  3. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  4. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...

If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...: This standard message is a logical impossibility. If the best driver is installed, there are no better drivers available through Windows Update or the manufacturer's site or anywhere else. If there are better drivers, then the best driver is not already installed....
  6. Cannot Format USB Driver

Cannot Format USB Driver: In order to acces my usb card reader it tells me I have to format first. When I actually format the driver though it tells me that windows wasn't able to format. Anyone know why this happens ?...
  7. " The best drivers for your device are already installed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " The best drivers for your device are already installed": Hey guys i have a problem that i cant find a solution to. I have a TP-LINK Wireless adapter, the model is a TP-WN823N When I inserted it into my pc, windows 10 Pro installed its own drivers for my adapter and I cant install the manufactures own drivers It keeps on...
  8. Usb driver installation fail

Usb driver installation fail: Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is...
  9. USB connection or driver problem?

USB connection or driver problem?: I have Windows 10. One of my USB devices stopped working on my PC. I purchased another because I thought it was broken. My PC won't recognize my device, which is an MP3/USB device. Is it a driver problem or connection? Thanks for helping, Anita...
  10. Cannot Load USB driver.

Cannot Load USB driver.: I am having no luck installing a driver for a product I use for backup. First let me explain. I am a Radio Control enthusiast. I fly multiple aircraft from one transmitter (not at one time). My manufacture is JR; the transmitter designation is 12X. The backup program works...