Windows 10: USB issue or at least that is what i think it is

Discus and support USB issue or at least that is what i think it is in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, i bought myself a new Guitar modeller, the Atomic Amplifire, i downloaded the software and then it says please plug in your device, i do that but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danbottomburp, Feb 12, 2020.

1. USB issue or at least that is what i think it is

So, i bought myself a new Guitar modeller, the Atomic Amplifire, i downloaded the software and then it says please plug in your device, i do that but it does not ever connect

When i look under Windows settings i see under "Other devices" my Atomic Amplifie so i know Windows see's the device but if i look under Device manager i cannot see it (unsure if this is the problem)

Tried plugging into every single one of my 6 USB ports on my PC but no joy with any of them
    Im running WIndows 10 latest released build not Beta

So i borrowed my dads laptop, installed the same software, tells me to plug in device and boom it works perfectly

There must be some setting or service or something that is not working on my PC i imagine

Any suggestions on settings or services or whatever i can check to troubleshoot this, i really don't want to be borrowing his laptop every time i want to create a patch or download an update

I know my USB ports are working as firstly the AmpliFire shows up under other devices from the main settings page, and my other devices all work, Windows even does the install thing when it was first plugged in and told me device installed successfully

Would really really like to resolve this

Windows 1909 build 18363.628

:)

danbottomburp, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB issue or at least that is what i think it is

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB issue or at least that is what i think it is nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

USB issue or at least that is what i think it is

1. USB issue or at least that is what i think it is - Similar Threads - USB issue least

2. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  3. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  4. DNS related issues. I think

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS related issues. I think: My computer has been running absolutely great since I got it which was in the beginning of January. Since friday it hasn't been connecting to the wifi properly it would connect for maybe 3 minutes, disconnect, connect again, and say "No internet, secured." All of my other...
  5. USB controller stops working at least once a day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB controller stops working at least once a day.: Hey, I got a problem, I have bought myself a new controller for use on my windows pc, pc is about half a year old. The weird problem is, the controller, a third party ps4 compatible controller works fine but at least once a day, haven't it happen twice yet, the damn thing...
  6. Network? issue affecting at least 4 apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network? issue affecting at least 4 apps: Hello, I believe the problem is general because 3 several apps are dysfunctioning as well and I believe all stopped working at the same time. For example, my Mega.nz syncing app doesn't work or and can't connect. So my local folder ain't syncing with the cloud storage...
  7. Graphics issues , I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics issues , I think: After I installed Win 10 on my computer , I have found an error . It is a game that my daughter plays , Star stable Online. I have tried to fix it myself but I do not know how [img] 14735
  8. BSOD USB or Mouse related I think

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD USB or Mouse related I think: Hey I've been having multiple bsod crash issues. The issues are usually, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal thing, and it usually says wdf01000.sys. Although sometimes the computer freezes and then later says: Machine_check_exception, I believe its a driver issue maybe a...
  9. I think it's a driver issue...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think it's a driver issue...: So posting this here. For both my older Dell laptop and my newer Alienware (though 4 years old), it took until early/mid Sept. last year before I got the msg that my computers were now ready for the Win 10 upgrade. I did the older one, 1st, as it is used primarily for...
  10. HDMI Driver Issue... I think!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Driver Issue... I think!: I have a monitor with Analog and HDMI connections. The analog works fine, but the screen simply flickers in HDMI mode. I've tried deleting and re-installing the Intel HD Graphics driver. In Device Manager, it looks like the USB device fails, giving me "Unkown USB Device" and...