Windows 10: USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize...

Discus and support USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize the device, in this case a usb mouse.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaleHansonII, Jul 15, 2020.

1. USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize...

USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize the device, in this case a usb mouse.

:)

DaleHansonII, Jul 15, 2020

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Jul 15, 2020
  4. USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize...

Problems with the USB jacks disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,
    I am having problems with my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. over the last few years the USB's disconnect and reconnect at random. the touchpad cuts out and scrolling doesnt' work half the time, the card reader doesnt' work half the time. I of course have all the newest drivers and firmware.

Now in the last 5-6 days since around the 15th, whenever the screen goes off the USB disconnects and reconnects over and over for a minute and it does this about every 10 mins. I've been sick and couldn't even get good rest because of the computer making that disconnect reconnect sound over and over unless i mute the sound or shut it off. I can't figure out whats wrong. i even disconnected all the USB jacks and it still was doing it. i was getting error messages in the event viewer but not now. i had problems with some of the USB listings in Device manager but not now. But it still does the disconnect thing. At one point i had this message "Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode)." and this is the other "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2." I had lots more of these and with different numbers. I also have various other warnings and errors in Event Manager. Not sure if they're related. Do i have a motherboard problem or software problem? I tired to do a reset but that failed and i couldn't figure out how to fix it. system restore also failed. for some dumb reason with this computer everytime i need to so a system restore it always fails.

chickadee28, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize...

1. USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes get a message windows doesnt recognize... - Similar Threads - USB keeps disconnecting

2. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  3. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  5. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  7. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  8. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  9. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  10. USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you connect a USB device, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on its own, then it could be a hardware or driver issue. The first need to make sure is to check the device works fine on another [...] This post USB keep disconnecting and...