Windows 10: USB keeps disconnecting from monitor

Discus and support USB keeps disconnecting from monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my monitor and I don't know the reason it just started doing this a couple days ago. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheRussianRaccoon_, Dec 18, 2020.

1. USB keeps disconnecting from monitor

My USB keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from my monitor and I don't know the reason it just started doing this a couple days ago. i already tried turning off "Allow this computer to turn off device to save power" in device manager but that didn't work, i also tried reinstalling generic usb hub but that also didn't work, and its not just my keyboard, its also happening with my mouse so my keyboard isn't the problem can someone help me it only happens when i connect it to my monitor.

:)

TheRussianRaccoon_, Dec 18, 2020

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    3.0 usb keeps disconnecting on 3.0 port

Hi,

Since you have made all the steps necessary, however the issue still persists, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance. Click here.

Regards.

Maria Fab, Dec 18, 2020
  4. USB keeps disconnecting from monitor

Windows update disconnection of usb ports

Hi,

I suggest you to try with an uninstall and reinstall of your USB driver. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "USB Controller

4. Right click on your USB device

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each USB device on the list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Also:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Mouse"

4. Right click on your mouse

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then tell me if that solves your problem.

StefanoTamiotti, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

USB keeps disconnecting from monitor

1. USB keeps disconnecting from monitor - Similar Threads - USB keeps disconnecting

2. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  3. USB device keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  4. USB device keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  5. USB Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Controller Keeps Disconnecting: I just started having this problem recently, my USB gamepad just randomly disconnects sometimes. Sometimes it takes an hour or two, sometimes 15 minutes. The worst part is I can't seem to reconnect it without restarting my computer, even if I restart the game I was playing,...
  6. USB Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Controller Keeps Disconnecting: I just started having this problem recently, my USB gamepad just randomly disconnects sometimes. Sometimes it takes an hour or two, sometimes 15 minutes. The worst part is I can't seem to reconnect it without restarting my computer, even if I restart the game I was playing,...
  7. USB Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting

External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have a notebook HP pavilion power 15-cb012nc with 2 external monitors connected. One through HDMI works fine and the second through USB C port USB C to HDMI. The second monitor keeps getting disconnected. When I launch a game, it disconnected within a few minutes....
  9. USB 2.0 KEEPS DISCONNECTING

USB 2.0 KEEPS DISCONNECTING: I've tried just about all of the troubleshooting I can find. I have put the USB into two different computers with Windows 10 with no success. The drive will not stay connected to any usb 2.0 port. It keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over again. I have tried all of...
  10. USB Devices keep disconnecting

USB Devices keep disconnecting: Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows. I tried a lot of fixes but it didnt work. ( tried windows 7/8.1/10 , update drivers , disable power management shuting down...