Windows 10: USB key broken??

Discus and support USB key broken?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have an USB-key I'm using as emegency boot drive with Acronis. I have now a new version of Acronis, and I then wants to make a new boot-key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Burgurne, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Burgurne Win User

USB key broken??

Hello.
    I have an USB-key I'm using as emegency boot drive with Acronis. I have now a new version of Acronis, and I then wants to make a new boot-key. But I can't delete the old one ... not even in diskpart! In this picture it is disk no 3

USB key broken?? [​IMG]

When selecting "Rescue media builder" in Acronis, this USB-key is not showing up. In windows I can make a partition on it, and copy files to it, but nomatter what I do, the usb-key won't show up, and diskpart will not clean it.
    In event viewer I got this message:

The sectors on disk \\? \ PhysicalDrive3 cannot be reset. Error code: 5 @ 0101000F

Is the key toasted, or can it be saved?

:)

Burgurne, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB Ports Not Working

Hi Jemjames,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2020
  4. USB key broken??

3.0 USB not compatible with USB 2.0 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As the USB 3.0 ports are unable to detect the USB 2.0 device, the issue might be with the USB drivers. I suggest you to update the driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Uninstall.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

USB key broken??

1. USB key broken?? - Similar Threads - USB key broken

2. my usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb broken: Hello The USB of the mouse and the keyboard The USB head was broken and separated from each other the piece head and the electronic chip Can I use the mouse via Bluetooth or through any other means, thank you...
  3. Broken USB Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken USB Devices: I recently spilled a little bit of water on my laptop. I unplugged and removed the battery immediatelyalthough there didn't seem to be any immediate damage. After allowing it to dry for a week, I reconnected everything, and turned it on. I immediately noticed that there was a...
  4. Broken USB Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken USB Devices: I recently spilled a little bit of water on my laptop. I unplugged and removed the battery immediatelyalthough there didn't seem to be any immediate damage. After allowing it to dry for a week, I reconnected everything, and turned it on. I immediately noticed that there was a...
  5. usb broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  6. usb broken

usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  7. usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Keys are broken?

Keys are broken?: [ATTACH] When trying to press some of the keys on my computer, many extra keys are also automatically clicked for some reason. The image attached is a screenshot of a keyboard testing website when I click my left Ctrl key. As you can see, the home key, number pad 9 key, and...
  9. Broken usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken usb: Hi guys.Today I was trying to install Win 10 on my PC since I got a new SSD so I wanted to make a clean install.What happens is that the SSD had a classical MDP error.So I went to diskpart and tried to fix it there.I accidentally wiped my USB inside DiskPart and it instantly...
  10. Broken usb

Broken usb: When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my desktop also.My other USBs work.Why does it say the device is working properly when it won't open? [ATTACH]...