Windows 10: USB Keyboard acting weird

Discus and support USB Keyboard acting weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface book 3 15 inch for my work. For that i run WSL2. Since couple of weeks i experience very strange behaviour with my external keyboard i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentGrossmayer, Nov 16, 2020.

1. USB Keyboard acting weird

I have a Surface book 3 15 inch for my work. For that i run WSL2. Since couple of weeks i experience very strange behaviour with my external keyboard i am using a Vortex Race 3.

So whenever i start listening to music via the spotify app, or the webplayer, my keyboard input is kind of laggy and/or omits some of my input. This also happens when watching youtube videos...

This does not happen on the built in keybvoard, but with all usb keyboard that i connect. I td my USB keyboard on other machines aswell, and there no such behaviour occurs

Also it seems that this issue seems to build up, as it usually starts of appearing only every other minute, until at the end it happens almost every second. Note here that it seems to be a fixed time interval rather than number of keys pressed.

I tried following various guides related to lagging keyboard inputs but none of these seem to resolve my issue. The windows troubleshooter for the keyboard did not find any problems.

Strange behaviour happenning:

This te written to show what is happening when i try typingwhile a youtube veo is running. As o see some keystrokes are simply not recognized. sometimes a keuy gets kind of stuuck and will duplicate the charactttttttttttttttttmes.

This is written to show what is happening when i try typing while watching a youtube video. As you can see some keystrokes are simply not recognized. Sometimes a key gets kind of stuck and will duplicate the character a ridiculous amount of times.

If anyone has experienced such weird behaviour, please help!

:)

VincentGrossmayer, Nov 16, 2020

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Brad 63 Win User
    Keyboard weird.

I had a problem where apostrophes would transpose and question marks would have a plus sign in front of them.

It was absolutely doing my head in.

I glanced at something that suggested WINDOWS KEY plus SPACE BAR.

I tried it and that half solved the problem. Then I did SHIFT plus CONTROL and that cured the problem completely.

If anyone else has a keyboard acting weirdly all of a sudden where.............

I've becomes 'veI.
    Don't becomes do'tn.
    You're becomes yo'reu.

and other weird shit happens...............MICROSOFT BUTTON plus SPACE BAR might just be the solution along with CTRL plus SHIFT.

Brad 63, Nov 16, 2020
  4. USB Keyboard acting weird

Computer is acting weird

My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still
    acts weird.

jaquelinesumba, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

USB Keyboard acting weird

1. USB Keyboard acting weird - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard acting

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Keyboard acting weird.

7. Keyboard is acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  8. Keyboard is acting weird.

Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  9. Keyboard is acting weird.

10. Keyboard acting weird

Keyboard acting weird: I installed an external keyboard to my laptop. It is a logitech K220. It was working perfectly for\cn1`h 4-5 months and now it acts strange. I press a key and something else happens. For example the following is shown pressing the letter "ρ" ....