Windows 10: USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

Discus and support USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently encountered a problem on my laptop, I have an external wired keyboard and a separate USB. These devices were working fine the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MahlalelaMangaliso, Aug 14, 2020.

1. USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

Hi, I recently encountered a problem on my laptop, I have an external wired keyboard and a separate USB. These devices were working fine the last couple of months, then suddenly they stopped working. When I boot up I can use them properly but a few minutes after I can't use them anymore, I keep hearing the sound that plays when you remove a usb drive, it plays over and over again until I remove them. I have dual boot with Linux, they work without any issues there as expected. But here I don't know what happened I have windows 10 2004 latest as of 14 August 2020.please help I need to type my assignment.

:)

MahlalelaMangaliso, Aug 14, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 14, 2020
  4. USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

1. USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing. - Similar Threads - USB keyboard mouse

2. USB Keyboard stops working after some minutes on ROBLOX only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard stops working after some minutes on ROBLOX only.: Hello, I use a Toshiba C640, and I've been experiencing this problem since 2021. I use a USB Keyboard to play on the game platform "ROBLOX", and after a few minutes, it starts to stop responding and Windows reads it as an Unrecognized USB Device. I've been experiencing this...
  3. USB Keyboard stops working after some minutes on ROBLOX only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Keyboard stops working after some minutes on ROBLOX only.: Hello, I use a Toshiba C640, and I've been experiencing this problem since 2021. I use a USB Keyboard to play on the game platform "ROBLOX", and after a few minutes, it starts to stop responding and Windows reads it as an Unrecognized USB Device. I've been experiencing this...
  4. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  5. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  6. USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes: Hi, so here how it goes. I have a lenovo v110-15IAP. I was using for a year a usb wireless keyboard with no issues. Stopped using it for a couple of weeks Vacation time and when I was back it wasn't working like before. I can type normally for a minute, but then I have...
  7. Brand new Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard stops working after a few minutes

Brand new Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard stops working after a few minutes: The keyboard works for a few minutes and then stops responding. I have to take the batteries out and put them back in and it starts working. Would appreciate and help. Thanks....
  8. keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes

keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes: Hi, I recently built my new windows pc. everything was going great for about 3 weeks until I had this problem. after a few minutes my keyboard first, and then slowly my mouse act strange. I resetted my pc and I am still having this issue. can somebody help me? thanks....
  9. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...
  10. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

Mouse stops working after 15 minutes: Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts...