Windows 10: USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

Discus and support USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devnull, Mar 16, 2021.

1. devnull Win User

USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly while working at my desktop PC, not after a boot up. (I'm now working from my laptop.)

To summarize: I've tried switching out keyboards, switching out mice, switching USB ports, and multiple reboots (using the PC's power button). Nothing, no success.
    Prior to the occurrence of this problem last night, I had _not_ made any recent user-initiated changes to either software or hardware.
    My desktop PC is a Dell XPS 8910. Running Windows 10 with the current standard update configuration. (I used to delay Windows updates in order to avoid the type of problem that I'm now experiencing, but after Microsoft changed their policy for the advanced settings for updates last year, I accepted it, and so have been receiving updates in accordance with their current standard schedule.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem recently? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for any assistance.
    George

:)

devnull, Mar 16, 2021
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Mar 16, 2021
  4. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

1. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized - Similar Threads - USB keyboard mouse

2. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse: I have a one-handed keyboard and a mouse for gaming, both connected by USB, both are plug-in-and-use devices with no additional drivers or anything that need installing. I updated to windows 11 about a month ago, I have used the mouse and keyboard without issue after the...
  6. Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - USB ports suddenly not recognizing external keyboard and mouse: I have a one-handed keyboard and a mouse for gaming, both connected by USB, both are plug-in-and-use devices with no additional drivers or anything that need installing. I updated to windows 11 about a month ago, I have used the mouse and keyboard without issue after the...
  7. USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS-15 9550 Windows 10 Laptop. For some reason it stopped recognizing USB Mouse and or keyboard. However it does recognize USB connected hard drives using the same USB ports. 1. Installed latest Microsoft updates - no go 2.Installed latest drivers. - no go...
  8. External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.

External usb Mouse being recognized as keyboard, suddenly.: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]My external usb mouse has stopped working suddenly, even after reinstalling all the drivers again the issue has appeared for the 2nd time. All recent updates are uninstalled, still the issue is persisting. The mouse is working completely fine with...
  9. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...
  10. Mouse recognized as a keyboard

Mouse recognized as a keyboard: When I plugged in my mouse into my pc it seems to flash the leds on the mouse also it doesn't want work. When I went into the device control panel I realized my mouse was show as a keyboard not a mouse. Sometimes the mouse works fine but I can't use the Razer program for...