Windows 10: USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop

Discus and support USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is an extremely unique problem. My USB keyboard will pause and take forever to come back to life, my trackpad will not work, and my Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnWinslow2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop

This is an extremely unique problem. My USB keyboard will pause and take forever to come back to life, my trackpad will not work, and my Wireless Bluetooth Presenter Mouse 8000 will paue every time I stop it moving, for a long time, if my iPhone is not plugged into the USB C port on my laptop.

At first I wasn't aware it was the phone that was the issue. I uninstalled and re-installed Windows 10 twice. Still the keyboard would pause, the mouse would pause, and the trackpad would be virtually unuseable. Then while playing with it, my phone needed charging so I plugged it in. Everything worked great again. So I unplugged the phone, et voila, everything started acting up. Bewildered, I plugged in an unplugged the phone several times to test the theory.

I am perplexed. Any ideas here?

:)

JohnWinslow2, Aug 1, 2020

2. Logitech Debuts Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard and Rechargeable Trackpad

Today Logitech announced the expansion of its Mac lineup with two new products: the Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard for Mac, iPad and iPhone and the Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad for Mac.

Each product brings new dimensions to the way you navigate and control your favorite Apple products. The Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard features Logitech Easy-Switch technology – similar to the popular Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 – so you can easily go from typing an e-mail on your Mac to taking notes on your iPad to replying to a text on your iPhone, by simply pressing a button. In addition, the Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad gives you the full set of Mac OS multi-touch gestures on a smooth glass surface.

USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop logitech_bluetooth_easy-switch_keyboard_01_thm.jpg

USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop logitech_rechargeable_trackpad_01_thm.jpg

"Logitech's new products build on what people love about their Macs, iPads and iPhones, and make them even more convenient and easy to use," said Mike Culver, vice president of brand development for consumer computing platforms at Logitech. "Building on Logitech's history of delivering high quality products, both the keyboard and trackpad have an insightful design that complements your existing Apple devices, and you'll appreciate their smart power management as well."

Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard

The Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard can pair with up to three Apple devices simultaneously, and its familiar Mac layout features the keys you'd expect, including Command, Brightness and Mission Control. Its sleek aluminum design matches the Apple style, making it look right at home next to your Mac, iPad or iPhone.

In addition to its attractive design, this keyboard was built to maximize usability and power. The bright illumination of its backlit key characters makes them easy to read in low light conditions or at night, so you can type in any environment. Virtually anticipating your needs, the keyboard turns on its illumination when your hands approach, and it automatically dims or brightens based on the amount of light in the room.

Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad

The Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad features multi-touch control, so you can click, scroll, swipe, zoom and more. With a low-profile design and smooth glass surface, the trackpad replicates a touch-screen experience. And, because the touch area is larger than the typical notebook's touchpad, it's easier to take advantage of the full range of Mac OS multi-touch gestures, so you can naturally control and access your information. Plus, the trackpad has been engineered with embedded precision sensors and resistance to fingerprints and scratches.

In addition, the trackpad makes battery hassle a thing of the past – it is rechargeable through a USB cable and can be used while being recharged. Fully charged, you'll have one month of power, which you can manage through its convenient On/Off switch. With Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the trackpad also provides up to 30 feet of wireless range.

Pricing and Availability

The Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard and the Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad are expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in January 2013, for a suggested retail price of $99.99 and $69.99.

Cristian_25H, Aug 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Laptop Keyboard/Mouse Issue

Do you mean in the OS, only?
    And, are you saying keyboard and mouse... so is this external; or, do you mean keyboard and trackpad on the laptop?

I sort of am lost...you keep saying boot or booted, you are not mentioning an OS or not.

Have you tested the keyboard any other way, besides plugging in an external.
    Make a Linux disk, or usb stick, you can run off of; and, test the keyboard and mouse/trackpad.
    Boot to the bios does it work then?

95Viper, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop

Laptop Won't Function

FastBoot is listed under 'POST Behavior' but you have to click on the [+] to the left of it to expand the menu. Without the keyboard or the mouse responding you won't be able to get to that menu.

If you are trying to use an external usb mouse or keyboard, turn off the PC and remove them. Having any external device plugged in may be interfering with the laptop's own keyboard and cursor. Try getting into the BIOS again and see if the internal trackpad and the PC's own keyboard will work when you have no other usb devices connected.

Bree, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop

1. USB Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse and Trackpad won't work unless iPhone is plugged into Laptop - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard Bluetooth

2. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  3. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  4. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  6. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  7. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Lenovo Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in: My computer won't turn on unless its plugged into a power outlet connected to the charger. Even when the computer says its charged at 100%. Any advice on how to fix this?? Please help I'm not tech savvy at all....
  9. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working: The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-ports-not-working/2974b971-b882-414f-be21-825667dba56e
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...