Windows 10: USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

Discus and support USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using this PC HP for 2 years with same USB keyboard Dell, suddenly yesterday the keyboard was not working, normally USB devices are "Plug &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hp_new, Mar 4, 2020.

1. hp_new Win User

USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

Hi,

I am using this PC HP for 2 years with same USB keyboard Dell, suddenly yesterday the keyboard was not working, normally USB devices are "Plug & Play" it should connect if unplug and plugged-in but it didn't work so give a try to reboot the machine then keyboard connected again.

but if i unplugged and plugged-in USB keyboard doesn't connect.

* I have tried connecting this USB keyboard on another machine it does connected and also works with un-plug and plugged-in the USB keyboard.

* Also tried new USB keyboard on my machine same problem occurs.

* In windows safe mode the old USB keyboard is connected even un-plug and plugged-in.

so i tried to install driver for that USB keyboard from dell website but not use. also uninstalled drivers from device manager, rebooted still the same.

PC model : hp model no 20-c308in https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05599575

Keyboard : DELL model no kb216t

:)

hp_new, Mar 4, 2020

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 4, 2020
  3. USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

I have an odd problem with my USB keyboards on my Windows 10 machine. If I unplug them and plug them back in ~three times, they become unresponsive. The keyboards are still recognized by the machine and shows up under Devices, but won't send anything
    when I type on them.

If I have multiple keyboards plugged in, the problem is contained within the one I unplugged/plugged back in, at least until I unplug and plug in previously unaffected keyboard (at which point they also stop working). Once the problem shows up, any
    (previously not connected) keyboards I plug in are also affected. At all times, keyboards are recognized by Windows whenever they’re plugged in.

I've tried different USB ports, cables, removing items under keyboards in Device Manager to no avail. All the relevant drivers are up-to-date and power management for USB ports are disabled.

The only way to resolve it has been to reboot my machine.

Tuesday John, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Run USB Troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter and diagnose Windows USB problems by following the

article
    which automatically fixes the USB issue.

Step 2: Create a Restore point and uninstall
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Create a system restore point before make any major changes onto the computer to make sure that we do not mess up with it. You may go through the article on how to

create a system restore point.

After creating a restore point, go to device manager and uninstall the USB controllers.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers (You might have to scroll down the list to find this item).
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If you still have issues, go to the manufacturer’s website and update the chipset drivers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard connecting

2. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hola,No funciona correctamente el plug and play con mi telcadoNormalmente los dispositivos USB son "Plug & Play", debería conectarse si se desconecta y se enchufa, pero no fue así. El teclado funciona, así que intente reiniciar la máquina con el teclado ya conectado. En ese...
  3. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  4. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  5. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  7. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  8. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection: I updated my second computer from Win 8.1 to 10 20H2 now, when I unplug my ethernet cable from modem for about 3-5 seconds, the internet won't come back in? Also, the mouse freezes up a lot. I updated the Lan drivers for windows 10 if I restart the computer, everything is...
  10. USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times: I have an odd problem with my USB keyboards on my Windows 10 machine. If I unplug them and plug them back in ~three times, they become unresponsive. The keyboards are still recognized by the machine and shows up under Devices, but won't send anything when I type on them....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb keyboard not working after unplugged and plugged