Windows 10: USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update

Discus and support USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop has only just been updated to the 20H2 version of Windows 10, and it's as though the sensitivity of my keyboard has changed. I now need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SFow2804, Jan 4, 2021.

1. USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update

My laptop has only just been updated to the 20H2 version of Windows 10, and it's as though the sensitivity of my keyboard has changed. I now need to press the key heavily for the input to register, whereas before I could easily touch type. Anyone else experienced similar issues and found a solution?

The update took the best part of a day to download and install so would rather not roll back if there's a workaround!

It's a basic Q-Connect wired USB keyboard I'm using with an HP Pavilion g6 laptop.

submitted by /u/SFow2804
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SFow2804, Jan 4, 2021

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    USB Keyboard not working when plugged in - requires reboot (only since Anniversary update)

Hi Jon,

Let's get this issue with your USB keyboard sorted. This issue can be caused by a number of reasons. To help us identify the cause of this matter, we suggest that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter while the USB keyboard is not being detected. This tool can diagnose hardware and driver problems. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

For additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform, kindly refer to the following link:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jan 4, 2021
  4. USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update

1. USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update - Similar Threads - USB keyboard issue

2. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  3. External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update: I updated Windows 10 to the 20h2 version and after that my external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse started having issues and disconnecting every day at least once. I thought that the issue is with the keyboard or BT but then I brought back my old wire keyboard and I also...
  4. keyboard not working disconnect and reconnect after update 20h2 issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working disconnect and reconnect after update 20h2 issue: before I downloaded the update my keyboard was fine and then i update my system to 20h2 so its up to date and suddenly my keyboard disconnect then reconnect repeatedly I solved it by reconnecting the usb and it works for 3 minute then it disconnect when it disconnect the RGB...
  5. USB Mouse & Keyboard sometimes stop responding following Win10 Update Attempt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Mouse & Keyboard sometimes stop responding following Win10 Update Attempt: I have been post poning my Windows 10 update as in my experience, I like to leave things as they are when everything is working. Windows 10 has started to force me to update it as it won't let me shut down the computer without updating before shut down. It doesn't update,...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:

Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:: Hey, I installed the 20H2 Windows Feature update yesterday heard it's good for gaming performance! but after updating, the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. I tried the common troubleshooting fixes for keyboards. I ran Windows update again in case hotfixes or new...
  7. USB keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboard issues: Hello everyone, today i +had been encountering keyboard issue that while was typing v in appears with 7. But when typing 7 it appears with v. space key appears 9, backspace appears+ . i had been finding for solutions on youtube and using the methods still the same. after...
  8. new Update 20H2 issue

new Update 20H2 issue: recently I have updated windows 10 to latest version 20H2,and with the new update I have started facing one issue.My laptop shuts down when its at 12% without any low battery warning ,I have checked all power option ,I think its a bug ,so kindly help....
  9. Auto-follow BkGnd with 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-follow BkGnd with 20H2: FYI: NOW, with 20H2... IF, wallpaper is changing, using a Theme or Slideshow AND Accent Colour is set to Auto-pick from background AND set to affect Start/ Taskbar/AC & or Title bars & Borders... then, everything will follow the changing hues in the wallpapers. Cheers, Drew...
  10. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80