Windows 10: USB Keyboard making programs like Windows Media Player and Apple Music go crazy.

Discus and support USB Keyboard making programs like Windows Media Player and Apple Music go crazy. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since my laptop's keyboard broke, I've been using a USB keyboard, and while I didn't have any problems for the first month, it has been making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jm89_, Apr 28, 2020.

1. jm89_ Win User

USB Keyboard making programs like Windows Media Player and Apple Music go crazy.

Ever since my laptop's keyboard broke, I've been using a USB keyboard, and while I didn't have any problems for the first month, it has been making some of my programs unusable since February.

The biggest problem comes when I try to listen to music in Apple Music, Windows Media Player or in the Windows Music Player. When I first start playing a song, it suddenly starts to change songs really quick and I have to unplug to usb keyboard to make it stop. This can happen as well when I'm watching a single video on the Windows Movie Player. The video doesn't advance, like it's trying to rewind.

This issue went away a couple of weeks ago until Windows updated itself. The issue was absent until I updated Windows, so this makes me doubt if it is a problem caused by the keyboard or the software.

So I wanted to ask if there's way to fix this issue, because after the update the problem returned, so I think that it's a matter related to software. Thanks for reading me and I hope that you can help me, because it's gotten to a point that it's desperate to use my computer.

:)

jm89_, Apr 28, 2020

2. Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to try this method and check for the issue.

Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter
    and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings
    to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

USB Keyboard making programs like Windows Media Player and Apple Music go crazy.

Windows Media Player.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Windows Media Player’ settings from the steps below.

1. Open the ‘Windows Media Player’, in the player ‘Library’, click on ‘Organize’.
    2. Select ‘Options’, this will open the ‘Options’ window for the ‘Windows Media Player’.
    3. Click on the ‘Library’ tab, please confirm if the ‘Retrieve additional information from the Internet’ is checked, check the options ‘Rename music files using rip music settings’ and ‘Rearrange music in rip
      music folder, using rip music settings’ under ‘Automatic media information updates for files’. Click on ‘Apply’.
    4. Click on the ‘Player’ tab and check the option ‘Connect to the Internet’. Click on apply.
    5. Restart the ‘Windows Media Player’ and check if it works out for you.
    Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Keyboard making programs like Windows Media Player and Apple Music go crazy. - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard making

2. Windows Media Player Sample music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  3. Windows Media Player Sample music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  4. Windows Media Player - Music Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  5. Windows Media Player - Music Access

Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  6. Making a Downloadable video with pictures and music windows 10 media player

Making a Downloadable video with pictures and music windows 10 media player: Hello,Can someone please help me? I am trying to make a video with pics and music, I have 8 hrs of music that i want about 300 pics to play and repeat thru the music, Does anyone have any answers if I can still do this with windows media player 10? I have done it before in...
  7. Making a Downloadable video with pictures and music windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making a Downloadable video with pictures and music windows 10 media player: Hello,Can someone please help me? I am trying to make a video with pics and music, I have 8 hrs of music that i want about 300 pics to play and repeat thru the music, Does anyone have any answers if I can still do this with windows media player 10? I have done it before in...
  8. Numlock Makes Windows Go Crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numlock Makes Windows Go Crazy: Hey Guys. When I press Numlock on my Lenovo laptop, my laptop suddenly locks itself and when I unlock it, there are a bunch of help tabs open in edge. Then my keys don't type properly and perform different functions. For example 'H' opens the voice control setting. I don't...
  9. music player going crazy

music player going crazy: I'm heaving a problem with all audio and video when i try to play something in my vlc or any player it plays but when i click on it go's crazy and jumps and will not let me play anything and vedio do's the same if it is a bug i can not find it and i cant go back on my windows...
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644