Windows 10: USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

Discus and support USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure what the issue is...just started now...but I may just have noticed it now: - I just moved and set up my computer in the new home. I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mccnavy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. mccnavy Win User

USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

I'm not sure what the issue is...just started now...but I may just have noticed it now:

- I just moved and set up my computer in the new home. I'm not sure if I installed USB devices in same places they were at previous home but, regardless, I've encountered an issue with a Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse USB combo when my Anker 7-port USB 3 hub is installed in the adjacent port. As follows:

- When both are installed and active, no issues until I plug in an external USB hard drive. Then the mouse and keyboard freeze until the drive is unplugged. Then everything returns to normal. Some devices installed on the hub (e.g. BT adapter) don't interfere at all.
    - My mothernoard (Asus Z270-A) has 2 rows of 2 USB 3.0-A each. When I have the keyboard and mouse adapter and Hub plugged in on different rows, everything works find...drives plugged in don't freeze anything. Likewise, I tried another device in the port adjacent to the keyboard/mouse and it didn't cause freezing.

Does anyone know why the certain configuration of hub plugged in next to keyboard/mouse causes it to freeze when an external drive is plugged into the hub?

:)

mccnavy, Aug 12, 2018

2. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    How many USB ports do you use ? ( 7 years later )

• Keyboard (x2, it has a powered USB hub on it so a second port is used for power/backlighting.)
    • Wireless Logitech G602 mouse (on the hub on the keyboard,)
    • Wi-fi adapter
    • UPS
    My list is kind of boring as everything else is attached to the network such as the printer and my backup.

Aquinus, Aug 12, 2018
  4. RejZoR Win User

Using USB hub for more USB ports on Windows tablet?

I had to reinstall OS on my Iconia W4 tablet and I've gone through hell to get Win10 re-installed because booting it directly from USB causes touch to be dead, meaning I couldn't select anything using screen. I also wasn't able to boot the thing with keyboard/mouse, because one and only USB port is occupied by bootable USB drive and swapping it later didn't work.

Then I thought, how about an USB hub (even passive one)? I'm not going to run anything super intensive on it, just keyboard+mouse and that USB drive. Does it work in terms of actually recognizing devices like they are individually hooked to the system? This is full Windows tablet so there shouldn't be any limitations otherwise found on Android tablets if you want to do the same.

Has anyone tried this?

RejZoR, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard Mouse

2. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  3. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  4. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  7. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  8. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  9. 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly: I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC running Windows 7, but when connected to any of my Windows 10 PCs I get an unknown device under Universal Serial Bus controllers...
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...