Windows 10: USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of...

Discus and support USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my USB keyboard, the keyboard isn't recognised (on all ports). (screenshot) Screenshot from Device manager. Screenshot from Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by omareg941, Feb 8, 2019.

1. omareg941 Win User

USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of...

When I connect my USB keyboard, the keyboard isn't recognised (on all ports). (screenshot)

Most probably this is due to some recent Windows 10 Update (There was a previously reported issue for KB4074588 update that causes permission denied on port mapping).

My USB keyboard is fully functional as it's working with no problems on other computers. Also I tried, on my computer, different USB keyboards and they aren't working (except one old keyboard) and some USB mouses (except one old mouse) are the same not working.

My computer (Notebook) having the issue is HP EliteBook 8440p.

My current OS version is Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit 17134.556.

I've tried these solution suggestions (none works):
    • Uninstalled all USB keyboard related drivers and restarted computer many times. (screenshot)
    • Made sure that drivers files on both my computer and other computers (where USB keyboards work normally) are identical.
      • All files of input.inf_amd64_d6b10f5fa055a5cd and keyboard.inf_amd64_e085085e52ff47cffolders in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository are identical.
    • Tried to update drivers from device manager manually using input.inf_amd64_d6b10f5fa055a5cdand keyboard.inf_amd64_e085085e52ff47cf folders grabbed from other computers (where USB keyboards work normally). But I get The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device.... (screenshot)
    • Tried reinstalling all official drivers for my computer. I have the latest version of Chipset driver is installed. (screenshot)
    • Disabled all Power Management on all USB hubs and input devices. I have made sure that USB selective suspend setting is Disabled both On battery and Plugged in. And that Power management is disabled (by unticking the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power) on all related devices (USB Hubs and USB input devices). (screenshot)
    • System Restore. Unfortunately I don't have a System Restore image for my OS before the issue.
    • Uninstalling recent OS updates. I have uninstalled all recent OS updates that I can uninstall and the issue still exists.
    • Updating to the most recent updates.

I need to solve this issue without reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows 10.

:)

omareg941, Feb 8, 2019

2. usb not recognized

Hello Ethan,

The USB port may have stopped responding after you remove or insert a USB device. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device. Aside from the troubleshooting steps you’ve performed, you can also scan the Device Manager for
    hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.
    • Check the USB device if it is already working.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Feb 8, 2019
  3. usb not recognized

today my windows 10 stopped recognizing external usb attachment thumb drives. My usb connected keyboard and printer are fine. No usb ports show up in my listings

Mike Lewis55, Feb 8, 2019
  4. USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of...

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of...

1. USB keyboard not recognized on all ports - How to fix without reinstalling fresh copy of... - Similar Threads - USB keyboard recognized

2. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  3. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?

How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?: I recently went to disable my laptop keyboard as i have an external keyboard I prefer using. While uninstalling my laptops keyboard, i accidentally uninstalled my external keyboard as well. This means i am unable to us either of my keyboards at all, i’ve already tried all the...
  7. How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?: I recently went to disable my laptop keyboard as i have an external keyboard I prefer using. While uninstalling my laptops keyboard, i accidentally uninstalled my external keyboard as well. This means i am unable to us either of my keyboards at all, i’ve already tried all the...
  8. Fix my USB ports all of 'em

Fix my USB ports all of 'em: All of my USB ports suddenly stopped working. There does not appear to be any physical damage. I tried uninstalling the drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-my-usb-ports-all-of-em/ddaa91eb-8b4b-47e2-9a42-ef79ace8bc8d
  9. All USB Ports not recognized

All USB Ports not recognized: Occasionally when using my computer all USB devices just stop working. I can't move my mouse, I can't use my keyboard, I lose connection to the internet. The only way I've found to fix it is to just turn off my computer and reboot it. But then after a while, it just does it...
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...