Windows 10: USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Of course Microsoft "Locked" the discussion in Jan 2018. Not sure WHY, but there are tens of thousands, if not Millions of people who have had the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimJenia, Aug 4, 2019.

1. JimJenia Win User

USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Of course Microsoft "Locked" the discussion in Jan 2018. Not sure WHY, but there are tens of thousands, if not Millions of people who have had the same Problem with Won 10 Update.

It is 'Unacceptable" for Microsoft to screw up so many computers than just lock the discussion with NO REAL FIX mentioned.

Re-Installing the Drives = Nothing.
    Roll back = Nothing, Greyed out.
    Updating DRIVER = Nothing. It says the newest DRIVER from 2006 is Installed and Working properly (as if microsoft QA's their product before releasing them.)

This is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, Irritating and makes enough people ANGRY at microsoft to deserve some REAL Retaliation!

:)

JimJenia, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 4, 2019
  4. USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

1. USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard Working

2. Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.: After installing a windows update, Both USB and Built-In laptop keyboard/ PS/2 keyboard stopped working, I presume this is a hardware error since I tried to remedy the issues in Device Manager and Registry Editor. HID is working fine now but PS/2 is Code 10.Yet it is not...
  3. Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.: After installing a windows update, Both USB and Built-In laptop keyboard/ PS/2 keyboard stopped working, I presume this is a hardware error since I tried to remedy the issues in Device Manager and Registry Editor. HID is working fine now but PS/2 is Code 10.Yet it is not...
  4. Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB keyboard not working after update

USB keyboard not working after update: I have read through several threads. My problem with all of them is my KEYBOARD DOESEN’T WORK!!!!! I cannot log into my computer because MY KEYBOARD DOESN’T WORK!!!!! Any suggestions. I have unplugged all usb devices and ensured my ports work with a wireless mouse....
  6. keyboard not working after windows updates

keyboard not working after windows updates: Hi, on 29th oct i updated my lenovo laptop after which my keyboard stopped working . i tried the usual options like updating drivers but nothing worked . keyboard started working only after i restored the system to an earlier check point . today microsoft forcibly...
  7. keyboard not working after windows 10 update

keyboard not working after windows 10 update: keyboard doesn't work everytime I start windows. I have to do restart everytime to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-working-after-windows-10-update/fb211d93-b953-49de-acd3-5579e8ee1c45
  8. My keyboard is not working after windows 10 update

My keyboard is not working after windows 10 update: Hello ! My keyboard is not working on windows 10 apps after update .. It works on browser , in games and Notepad etc But its not work apps Like Ms Store ,Twitter Etc.. Keyboard Shortcut Keys are also not work.. Please Tell me reason and its Solution .. Fatima Ali...
  9. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate: I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this issue every time I put the...
  10. No USB or Keyboard function after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No USB or Keyboard function after Update: Hi, I own a Linx 12X64 tablet with detachable keyboard. Ever since the most recent Windows update forced itself onto my system I have been unable to use the keyboard and touchpad or the USB port. I had no system retore pont to revert to so I opted for the "reinstall...