Windows 10: USB Keyboard not working

Discus and support USB Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Newly purchased Logitech G512 Carbon keyboard suddenly stopped working on my desktop this morning. The keyboard functions properly when plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Armando_Garcia5, Aug 13, 2020.

1. USB Keyboard not working

Newly purchased Logitech G512 Carbon keyboard suddenly stopped working on my desktop this morning. The keyboard functions properly when plugged into other computers, so the hardware doesn't seem to be the issue. Further, I tested all the USB ports in the back of the computer and they all seem to be functioning properly as well for other devices.

I have tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall drivers for the keyboard in the device manager HID Keyboard Device, to be exact. And I figured it might be because of Windows updates, so I updated to the most recent version. The keyboard troubleshooter doesn't seem to recognize any issues with the drivers, and my Logitech G Hub software does not recognize the keyboard at all.

I'm not sure where to go from here, if anyone has suggestions I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you

:)

Armando_Garcia5, Aug 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 13, 2020
  3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2020
  4. USB Keyboard not working

USB keyboard not working

Hi Micah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of your tablet?

• Have you checked with a different USB keyboard? What is the status?

If a good known keyboard also showing the same issue, then it might be due to the outdated drivers.

As a work around, I suggest you to perform the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• 1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Hardware and devices.
    Check if it helps. If the issue persists, follow the below method.

I suggest you to download and install the latest chipset drivers from your tablet manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

USB Keyboard not working

1. USB Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard working

2. USB Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard not working: Hi, I have a RGB gaming keyboard with a software. Yesterday, I tried to change too many settings in the software at once, so the keyboard shut down itself. If I plug it in any computer, it doesn't workWindows doesn't recognize the keyboard, so I cannot reinstall drivers. I...
  3. USB Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Keyboard not working: Hi, I have a RGB gaming keyboard with a software. Yesterday, I tried to change too many settings in the software at once, so the keyboard shut down itself. If I plug it in any computer, it doesn't workWindows doesn't recognize the keyboard, so I cannot reinstall drivers. I...
  4. USB+keyboard not working

USB+keyboard not working: Hi, so my keyboard on my surface and the USB drive gave out and I can't get it to work despite following what was suggested. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usbkeyboard-not-working/735804c3-1188-448a-b4a6-d45a1a0062eb
  5. USB+keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB+keyboard not working: Hi, so my keyboard on my surface and the USB drive gave out and I can't get it to work despite following what was suggested. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usbkeyboard-not-working/735804c3-1188-448a-b4a6-d45a1a0062eb
  6. Usb keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb keyboard not working: Hey so a couple months ago my keyboard just stopped working for some odd reason. I hade used it on this computer for 6 months or so. I did not think much of it and thought it just had broke, so i got a **** wireless. Later I tried connecting it to another computer and it...
  7. Usb keyboard not working

Usb keyboard not working: Hey so a couple months ago my keyboard just stopped working for some odd reason. I hade used it on this computer for 6 months or so. I did not think much of it and thought it just had broke, so i got a **** wireless. Later I tried connecting it to another computer and it...
  8. Usb keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. USB Keyboard not working

USB Keyboard not working: My USB keyboard which was working perfectly until a recent software update started behaving strangely. It now repeats the key when pressed and doesn't respond to my presses These are the observations I made, the keyboard light turns on when I toggle Caps & Num locks via my...
  10. Keyboard Usb Not Working

Keyboard Usb Not Working: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Port_#0002.Hub_#0004 (Standard USB Host Controller) Universal Serial Bus controllersUSB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&1C3BAB27&0&2...