Windows 10: USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

Discus and support USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP USB Keyboard works fine for about a whole day on Windows 10 PC almost and then randomly for some reason I could no longer type anything anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Caldon2, May 19, 2022.

1. Caldon2 Win User

USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

My HP USB Keyboard works fine for about a whole day on Windows 10 PC almost and then randomly for some reason I could no longer type anything anywhere on the computer. Control and other special keys still work but typing anything I can't do that at all. I have tried re-plugging in the keyboard but the only thing that I have found to fix it is to restart the computer. Would love to know if anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix it thanks.

:)

Caldon2, May 19, 2022

2. USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

My HP USB Keyboard works fine for about a whole day on Windows 10 PC almost and then randomly for some reason I could no longer type anything anywhere on the computer. Control and other special keys still work but typing anything I can't do that at all. I have tried re-plugging in the keyboard but the only thing that I have found to fix it is to restart the computer. Would love to know if anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix it thanks.

Trever1982, May 19, 2022
  3. 3ND
    3nd Win User

only thing i can think of is either the driver ,or the usb port . can you try another port and see if it does the same?
    also, i assume since you have a wired keyboard , your mouse probably also wired ? switch them around and test ?

4. USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

I have tried moving the USB to a different connector in the back. I don't know how to get a different driver it's an older keyboard maybe it's time to get a new one it's just hard to get used to other keyboards so I have kept this one for so long.

Trever1982, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard stops

2. why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?: Split from this thread. How can this be resolved on Mac please? it only happens in MS word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-beeping-and-not-letting-me-type/43094596-ae76-4ae5-b224-d8aa4f462f83
  3. why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?: Split from this thread. How can this be resolved on Mac please? it only happens in MS word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-keyboard-beeping-and-not-letting-me-type/43094596-ae76-4ae5-b224-d8aa4f462f83
  4. why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?

why is my keyboard beeping and not letting me type?: my keyboard beeps when I’m in a game and keeps beeping when I type and then in the game I can’t type in chat because the keys are beeping and I have a feeling I’m pressing something on the right side of my computer that does it and starts it, but I’ve turned off toggle keys....
  5. USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day: My HP USB Keyboard works fine for about a whole day on Windows 10 PC almost and then randomly for some reason I could no longer type anything anywhere on the computer. Control and other special keys still work but typing anything I can't do that at all. I have tried...
  6. USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day

USB Keyboard stops letting me type randomly like once a day: My HP USB Keyboard works fine for about a whole day on Windows 10 PC almost and then randomly for some reason I could no longer type anything anywhere on the computer. Control and other special keys still work but typing anything I can't do that at all. I have tried...
  7. Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters: My keyboard was fine a few hours ago, however now whenever I try to type, it won't register 2 consecutive letters together. For example if I tried to type "Google", only "Gogle" would show up. Also after each letter I type, I hear this ticking noise coming from the computer....
  8. USB controller stops working at least once a day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB controller stops working at least once a day.: Hey, I got a problem, I have bought myself a new controller for use on my windows pc, pc is about half a year old. The weird problem is, the controller, a third party ps4 compatible controller works fine but at least once a day, haven't it happen twice yet, the damn thing...
  9. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737
  10. Random BSOD once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD once a day: After I moved to Germany on Monday 2017.09.25 (not sure, if that is somehow connected) , I am getting BSOD once a day unexpetedly. Not while playing games, the applications running at that time- Mozilla, Skype, Notepad++, keypass, foobar. Then it restarts automaticly and...