Windows 10: usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

Discus and support usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andr, Feb 19, 2020.

1. andr Win User

usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso.
    few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool.
    all data and iso are intact, all subfolder are still browse able using "active disk editor" and winhex.

disk management console (win):
    shows "online", "k" drive, healthy (active, primary partition), RAW

when i plug in computer to boot up :
    it boot into grub4dos (instead of landing at menu for me to select which iso to boot up with ), it just landed in
    grub>
    **because "invalid first FAT entry (0=1001)!" *** it can't locate menu.1st file.

when i type in some grub commands:

grub> boot
    error 8: kernel must be loaded before booting

grub> configfile
    warning! invalid first FAT entry (0=1001)!
    error 15: file not found

grub> geometry
    drive 0x80 (LBA): C/H/S=1906/255/63, sector count/size=30619890/512
    partition num: 0, active, Warning! invalid first FAT entry (=0x1001)!
    filesystem type is fat, partition type 0x0c

from all the info that i provided, anybody can teach me way to solve the problem or explain the issue

thx
    ew

:)

2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 19, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility - Similar Threads - usb live stick

2. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  3. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  4. Bootable USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB stick: I downloaded from the official website the ISO of Windows 10, the one released on 10th of October 2020. At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, and I want to go back to windows OS. As probably many know, while creating the bootable USB stick with windows ISO, I encounter...
  5. Lost widows 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost widows 10 usb stick: I had built a PC a couple years back and used a windows 10 usb stick to install windows. I would like to do a full system restore but I am unable to find that usb drive. Just wondering what my options are submitted by /u/SalmonFudge [link] [comments]...
  6. Bootable USB stick (Windows)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB stick (Windows)?: How long does it take to create a bootable USB stick? Bootfähiger USB Stick (Windows)?
  7. Is my USB stick still bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my USB stick still bootable?: Hi guys If one installs Windows 10 on a USB stick with Media Creation Tool, the USB stick is also created directly bootable. If I then remove the content from the USB stick without formatting, will the stick remain bootable for as long as this takes? Ciao Ist mein...
  8. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  9. Windows 10 bootable USB stick from the license box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 bootable USB stick from the license box: Hi, as I am currently in process of buying parts for my first gaming PC build , and precising that I only have a MacBook so macos and no access to a windows system, I was planning to use the USB stick included with some windows 10 license retail boxes as I can't make one...
  10. windows 10 USB stick not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 USB stick not accessible: Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions. After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but when I try to open it - it says drive not accessible / access denied. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you 14034