Windows 10: USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

Discus and support USB Mass Storage Driver Fix? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my USB storage driver that is preventing me from using ANY USB storage device. Device manager and looking at my control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoldenZealot15 - C., Dec 8, 2020.

1. USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

I am having a problem with my USB storage driver that is preventing me from using ANY USB storage device. Device manager and looking at my control panel say its plugged in, but they won't show up on file explorer and troubleshooting says its a driver problem

The problem occurred trying to move a large amount of data to a flash drive at one time. The "display" saying how much data has been moved froze and then crashed freezing windows, I was required to restart my computer and nothing seemed wrong until I opened file explorer and the flash drive wasn't showing up.

I am getting code 39. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing.

Is it possible to delete and reinstall the driver without a complete reinstall of windows 10?

I would like to keep everything I have on my computer, and I am not willing to lose all my local data doing a full reinstall.

:)

GoldenZealot15 - C., Dec 8, 2020
  2. LeoSeabra Win User

USB Mass Storage Driver not working

Alternatively,

Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.

1) Open Device Manager.

2) Right-click on USB Mass Storage Device and select Uninstall.

3) If prompted for the continue, click the OK button. If you see Delete the driver software for this device, click the box next to it, then click the OK button.

4) Restart your PC. Then Windows will reinstall the driver

LeoSeabra, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 8, 2020
  4. USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

USB mass storage not recognizing

Hi,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    Method 2.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall/re-install the mass storage device and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.

• Right click on the device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers node related to mass storage device and
      uninstall it. .

• Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

1. USB Mass Storage Driver Fix? - Similar Threads - USB Mass Storage

2. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  3. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Driver Errors: I am having quite a strange issue and through extensive searching of the web I have come upon no answers for my situation.I am having a problem with the USB Mass Storage Driver. If I have an external drive connected to my computer when I boot up it will show up fine in...
  6. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Driver Errors: I am having quite a strange issue and through extensive searching of the web I have come upon no answers for my situation.I am having a problem with the USB Mass Storage Driver. If I have an external drive connected to my computer when I boot up it will show up fine in...
  7. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

8. USB Mass Storage Driver

USB Mass Storage Driver: My external Hard Drive not recognized. USB Mass Storage Driver not available.What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mass-storage-driver/6cb297a3-d35e-4daf-888c-66bba5e2c34a
  9. USB Mass Storage Driver not working

USB Mass Storage Driver not working: On my HP 15-bs658TU windows 10 pro model the USB Mass Storage driver not working and no pendrive or external storage devices are showing in my computer even when they connected....
  10. Problem with the USB mass storage device driver

Problem with the USB mass storage device driver: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...