Windows 10: USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD

Discus and support USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to install Windows 10 to an SSD for a couple of hours now, but when I try to boot to it, it displays the next message: "Reboot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DontKnowHowToAdult, Sep 9, 2020.

1. USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD

I've been trying to install Windows 10 to an SSD for a couple of hours now, but when I try to boot to it, it displays the next message:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I've already changed the Boot order in the BIOS. There's a weird thing though, when I installed it to an HDD to check if maybe the USB was corrupted, it worked just fine, and I noticed that in the BIOS the HDD is separated in the main partition and the Windows Boot Partition, but the SSD isn't. It's like it fails to create it. I've already tried a couple of times and haven't been able to install it. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/DontKnowHowToAdult
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DontKnowHowToAdult, Sep 9, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Create installation media using small partition on HDD?

If you watch the video from post #5 to create a Macrium Rescue disk. It would be the same procedure to create the Windows Installation disk.
    1. Download Windows Installation ISO: Windows 10 and put on desktop for easy access.
    2. Create a partition on an internal/external drive around 5GB, format as FAT32.
      NOTE: Set the partition Active if the disk used is an MBR disk. No need not to do anything if is a GPT disk .
    3. Use: WinRar/WinZip/7-Zip to extract the ISO file to the root of the partition created in step 2.
    4. Set the BIOS as first boot priority then boot.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2020
  3. YulWu Win User
    Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Hi,

I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10.

However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the machine would be able to boot to that partition, and install windows to that same drive? Assuming that
    the machine in question has already had Windows on it previously.

Thanks!

YulWu, Sep 9, 2020
  4. USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD

Can´t Access Windows 10 Instalation Media from Startup

Laptop: hp 15-b104sp

SSD: Kingston SSDNow UV400

My HDD seemed to be corrupt. Although I´ve managed through MS-DOS to copy the files I wanted to a USB Drive, I couldn´t access Windows nor any of the repair/recover options on UEFI.

So, I´ve formatted it (through MS-DOS) and I bought and installed a new SSD drive in my PC (checked the compatibility), and created a USB Drive with Windows 10 Installation Media.

When I boot the laptop, it doesn´t recognize this USD Drive.

After trying this, I´ve created a boot drive with Windows XP and I can access the installation, but when it asks to choose the drive to install on, it only has the option for the USB drive that contains the boot. It doesn´t recognize the SSD.

What else can I try to install Windows (any version) on my laptop?

JoãoVianaPT, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD

1. USB Media Tool doesn't create Boot partition when installed in a BX500 SSD - Similar Threads - USB Media Tool

2. When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...: and also is it save boot ? because in my windows 10 now it's asking me for tmp 2.0 and secured boot but i don't want to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 but to make a new clean installation. so now it's making my usb to be bootable with windows 11 i just wonder if i need to...
  3. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  4. USB ruined with Media creating tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ruined with Media creating tool: Hi dear community I need help with my usb stick, couple weeks ago I got the windows fall update for my pc and I had just a little space on my C drive, so I found out that I can upgrade using my USB, that's what I did and sadly it didn't go well, the installation stopped half...
  5. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  6. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  7. Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?: Hi, I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the...
  8. SSD and partition tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD and partition tool: I have a notebook with a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. I want to reduce partition where Windows 10 is installed and I see that in Control Panel there is a tool for managing partition. I wonder if this tool takes in consideration 4096 bytes alignment recommended for SSD. Thanks! 61541
  9. Creating USB Boot media Help.

Creating USB Boot media Help.: Hi guys, I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis stage (after 100% download) I've tried 3 times now and can't figure out why its not working. 10188
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...