Windows 10: USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

Discus and support USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something has happened that seemingly only allows the the USB Mass Storage Device driver structure (?) to be used once per boot... I can use a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gnyff, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Gnyff Win User

USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

Something has happened that seemingly only allows the the USB Mass Storage Device driver structure (?) to be used once per boot...

I can use a single memory stick once - after that all storage devices (including the first if it's unplugged) will be detected ("Devices and Printers") but not mounted. "Troubleshoot" always lead to "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates" - which makes no difference compared to just restarting.

I have no idea what is causing this - but it's highly annoying and I don't have the time for a reinstall right now.

Any hints to a solution? Or even just a guess on a cause?

Thanks and best regards,

Anders

:)

Gnyff, Jul 8, 2018

2. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Problem with usb port and old memory stick

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Does the issue occur when u try with different USB drive?
    • Did you install all the pending Windows update?

I suggest you to first try and check with different USB Memory stick and check if the same issue occurs. Also try using your current USB memory stick in different USB port and check. Also install all the pending Windows
    updates and check. You can also try using the Memory stick on another system and check if its working fine.

For now, you can try updating the drivers of the Memory Stick and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

1. Right click on
    Start button, select Device Manager andEnter.

2. Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.

3. Right click on the Memory stich device and click on
    Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 8, 2018
  4. USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

Unable to select 'Action required' for a new Memory Stick - Win10

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with the memory stick.

This issue might have occurred if not tried on other USB ports or if the chipset drivers are not updated.

What is the make/mode of your computer?

I suggest you to try it again on the same USB port or another port. Ensure that the memory stick is connected properly.

Also update your chipset drivers and check.

You may run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted on the memory stick issue. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10?

1. USB memory sticks suddenly only works once in win10? - Similar Threads - USB memory sticks

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  4. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  6. Failed USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed USB memory stick: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB memory stick, it says it doesn't have any storage, yet it does, and it has data on there, it's not like it's CD-ROM drive. I even have proof from a recovery attempt on a Linux VM....
  7. 512gb usb memory stick only showing 460gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    512gb usb memory stick only showing 460gb: I bought a new sandisk 512gb usb memory stick, but it only shows up as having 460gb, why's that, where are the rest of the gb? 179658
  8. USB stick suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick suddenly stopped working: I was copying some files to my USB stick. Suddenly, the copy action failed and the USB stick disappeared from This PC. Now, when I plug it in: - It shows up in Devices and Printers (as Intenso Speed Line) - It shows up in Device Manager (as USB Mass Storage Device, with an...
  9. Memory stick has suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory stick has suddenly stopped working: HELP! My memory stick has suddenly stopped working when plugged in to both my home and work computers. No drive being shown on file explorer when USB plugged in and no light flickering on stick. No access to all my work!! Using Windows 10 at home. Can anyone please help...
  10. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 and large usb memory sticks