Windows 10: USB memoty stick

Discus and support USB memoty stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never used a memory stick. I wish to know how to empty a stick and download photos. Can I be shown how, please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BERT NASSE, Dec 6, 2018.

1. USB memoty stick

I have never used a memory stick. I wish to know how to empty a stick and download photos. Can I be shown how, please.

:)

BERT NASSE, Dec 6, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Cannot get Win10 to recognize a 128g usb memory stick.

Hello Brad,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Which device are you using?
    • Are you receiving any error message when you're trying to connect your USB Memory Stick?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to your response.

Michael Rey, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB memoty stick

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB memoty stick nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

USB memoty stick

1. USB memoty stick - Similar Threads - USB memoty stick

2. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  3. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  4. Cloning to USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning to USB memory stick: Partition Wizard is bootable from usb and allows the cloning of hard drives. Can I clone a ssd to USB memory stick and clone the USB back to the hard drive as a precaution against ssd failure? 117190
  5. Icon for ejecting usb stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for ejecting usb stick: The icon has disappeared that I use to eject a usb safely. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/icon-for-ejecting-usb-stick/5f83f60a-7497-4029-883c-4c843ef7ec54
  6. windows 10 usb stick

windows 10 usb stick: Windows 10 refuses to recognise any of my usb sticks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-usb-stick/d912e459-704e-4d75-a97e-b2316939c1a5
  7. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  8. Scanning a USB stick

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning a USB stick: What's a secure way to scan a suspect USB stick for malware/virii? I don't want to just plug it in with the possibility of getting infected. It's from a neighbour that we've known for years but I don't trust her computer skills. 92609
  9. USB Stick is not recognized

USB Stick is not recognized: I have a 16GB USB stick. It had the ISO file of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today I "Wiped" it using MiniTool Parttion Wizard. Subsequently it was "Formatted" using the same tool. Now I have Windows 10 Creators Update in my Laptop. However, Window Explorer does not...
  10. All in one USB Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All in one USB Stick: Hi, Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop running windows 10 Home . It just saves me having to have 2 separate install USB Sticks. I have seen torrents available but I'd...