Windows 10: USB Mic has distortion issues

Discus and support USB Mic has distortion issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB TONOR Condenser Microphone, like the one pictured here on Amazon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cobee16, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Cobee16 Win User

USB Mic has distortion issues

I have a USB TONOR Condenser Microphone, like the one pictured here on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TONOR-Microphone-Condenser-Recording-Podcasting/dp/B078W61ZYP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541652255&sr=8-5&keywords=tonor%2Bmic&th=1). This mic (and USB mics in general) was advertised to work as soon as you plug in the mic, however, I've always had this issue where the mic will start to crackle and get very distorted and reset once it gets out of control, but sadly it becomes distorted again and continues this cycle. I use this same mic when I play my PS4 and chat with friends I play with and they say my mic is perfectly fine when I use it on my console. It's only on my PC but I haven't been able to test the mic with another PC to see if the same thing happens. Also, there is no specific driver or software out there for this mic.

I've uninstalled the driver that is automatically installed for this mic through the Device Manager and reset my PC about three times already. What are things I can do to get this mic to work well with Windows 10?

Here's the basic specs of my PC:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

System Manufacturer HP

System Model HP Laptop 15-bw0xx

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G, 2700 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.10, 5/11/2017

Here's info on the sound components of my PC:

Name Realtek High Definition Audio

Manufacturer Realtek

Status OK

PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C8332&REV_1000\4&171BC9DB&0&0001

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.8437, 5.92 MB (6,205,384 bytes), 7/10/2017 5:11 AM)

Name AMD High Definition Audio Device

Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices

Status OK

PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1007\4&188F5D86&0&0001

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atihdwt6.sys (10.0.1.1, 99.00 KB (101,376 bytes), 7/10/2017 5:13 AM)

You can listen to an example of this issue: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1KhA3lTMJTI

Thank you

:)

Cobee16, Nov 8, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Nov 8, 2018
  4. USB Mic has distortion issues

windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

USB Mic has distortion issues

1. USB Mic has distortion issues - Similar Threads - USB Mic has

2. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted Screen issue: This is what my laptop screen looks like. The screen looks okay after turning on, then just 5-10 mins after, it keeps showing like this. Whenever I keep it in sleep for 3-4 mins and turn on again, it looks completely fine. Then again does the same thing. I have tried all...
  3. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distorted Screen issue: This is what my laptop screen looks like. The screen looks okay after turning on, then just 5-10 mins after, it keeps showing like this. Whenever I keep it in sleep for 3-4 mins and turn on again, it looks completely fine. Then again does the same thing. I have tried all...
  4. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Microphone Distortion/Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone Distortion/Static: Lots of distortion and static coming from my usb condenser mic. It seems I've updated all necessary drivers and it still occurs. Any settings I should adjust? Thank you....
  6. USB Microphone Distortion/Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone Distortion/Static: Lots of distortion and static coming from my usb condenser mic. It seems I've updated all necessary drivers and it still occurs. Any settings I should adjust? Thank you....
  7. Windows 10 Mic Distortion

Windows 10 Mic Distortion: Hello all, I know this has been asked a thousand times already but I'm really struggling to get my mic working on my Windows 10 PC. Long story short, I bought a new Corsair mic at Christmas but have never gotten it to work properly. Sound works perfectly through them but I...
  8. Recent update has broken USB Mic

Recent update has broken USB Mic: Hey there Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound works fine on my USB headset but the microphone is not being detected by anything, including Windows itself. I've checked...
  9. USB mic

USB mic: I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop, PC, or iPad device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic/b0a6421f-029f-4b4d-a468-cec68b29be99
  10. Issues with font distortion

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with font distortion: Hey guys! I just recently bought a cheap replacement laptop and having often bought love cost devices, I've never seen anything like how fonts appear on my HP. I've tried using the DPI tool but given the 15" size of my screen and the low quality of it in general, it...